30+ mpg again

That's why I like my vp... I turn it down with a button.... I definitely bet there is some to be had with injector design, (more smaller holes) combined with Higher pop pressure increases atomization eqiating,to a quicker more efficient burn.. I just don't know how high u can set pop off and work with that pump still..
My ppump is 10x cleaner than my vp ever was. Vps are junk IMO

That's why I like my vp... I turn it down with a button.... I definitely bet there is some to be had with injector design, (more smaller holes) combined with Higher pop pressure increases atomization eqiating,to a quicker more efficient burn.. I just don't know how high u can set pop off and work with that pump still..

it would be nice to work with an injector builder and have them design me an injector that suits my needs, but i also would like to talk to a cam builder and have them design me a cam that has a little more lift at lower rpms (less than2000 rpms) since that's where im at 90% of the time.

im going to give Zach a call probably mid summer. I also got the new tank installed and the old tank out. i can say that a stock 35-36 gallon plastic tank wieghs more than the 17 gallon aluminum tank. both empty. the truck sits 1/2" higher now too. removed my fifth wheel brackets and unused exhaust hangers. thats 7lbs taken off.

im going to give Zach a call probably mid summer. I also got the new tank installed and the old tank out. i can say that a stock 35-36 gallon plastic tank wieghs more than the 17 gallon aluminum tank. both empty. the truck sits 1/2" higher now too. removed my fifth wheel brackets and unused exhaust hangers. thats 7lbs taken off.
Got a pic?

Question.....

if you removed the fan, blocked off the grill, and installed an electric fan. yall think the extra load on the alt would defeat the blocked off grill and fan delete??? or would it just burn the whole thing up??

how would the electric fan burn up? theres only maybe 5 things that run off electric on a 12v, its not like theres alot of draw. even with the fan off and with my current 180* thermostat it still hasnt increased in any heat.

I have been running electric fans for a long time it is deffenetly worth the hp.gain by taking off the stock fan.I haven't done it to the 72 yet because this truck was just thrown together in a week for some thing to drive.As cheap as posiable.I need to stop by the scales and see what it weights.

Dale

I was talking about the engine. I didnt know if the electric fan would have enough volume to keep everything cool. Especialy with the grill blocked off.

Kinda what i was thinking. Are yall running pushing fans (between grill and radiatior) or a pulling fans (between the engine and intercooler)??

how much wieght do you think i would save by switching out to a dana 70? i really dont see any reason to use a dana 80? its not a drag truck or pulling truck and im sure i can build it strong enough to handle what i have to throw at it. i know the shipping wieght of one is like 320lbs. any opinions?

i found out that a dana 70 witout brakes wieght 300 lbs and the dana 80 with brakes is 485. so im guessing that with brakes it cant wieght more that 350lbs

I dont know about on a 12v but an Airdog helps with mileage on every other cummins

With everything in my sig but freshend ddp's, port and polish, studs i got 19.9mpg(hand calculated) at a steady 81mph with 3.54 gears and a 6 speed, Juice on stock

Last edited:
^^nice.. next question what's the highest gears i can put in a dana 70?
I know the 1st gens came with 3.07's

3.54's is the tallest I've found for the D70. First gens have a D71 I believe and I know 3.07's were available. That's what I plan to go with...eventually. Wonder if I could get disk brakes too...

There is a difference on 3.07 gears fitting into a regular 70. There are a couple of threads on it in the first gen section. I think I have seen 3.31s for the 80. I would have to find that link again.

Back