Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I love trucking...
yesterday I had to leave a place where I was supposed to get loaded, because I wouldn’t load their product how they load.
They would only load a trailer one way. I told them I legally cannot haul it like that. I got told it was either that or they’ll find another driver to haul it. They got told to find someone else.

Love how everyone just caters to the mega fleets. All because they assume they know my job better than me... I got an explanation from a women in an office as to why they wouldn’t load me any other way.

My setup requires me to give a little on weights cause I’m so heavy but this was gonna be impossible for me to haul given my route. Oh well though, ended up getting a lighter load for more money. Granted I had to wait till midnight to start loading but that’s the reefer world for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love trucking...
yesterday I had to leave a place where I was supposed to get loaded, because I wouldn’t load their product how they load.
They would only load a trailer one way. I told them I legally cannot haul it like that. I got told it was either that or they’ll find another driver to haul it. They got told to find someone else.

Love how everyone just caters to the mega fleets. All because they assume they know my job better than me... I got an explanation from a women in an office as to why they wouldn’t load me any other way.

My setup requires me to give a little on weights cause I’m so heavy but this was gonna be impossible for me to haul given my route. Oh well though, ended up getting a lighter load for more money. Granted I had to wait till midnight to start loading but that’s the reefer world for ya.

I just scrapped 88,000# or cast iron for $245 a ton picked up. Probably get a little more for stainless if we cut it up to length. I’ve got 2 plasma cutters so it wouldn’t take as long to rid you of that reefer disease as you’ve waited to load/unload on one trip.

You could always pull a flat, don’t even have to know what your doing to secure a load.
5ea9d4ea0f0e0ea5f905053d4e2cb6df.jpg

I just scrapped 88,000# or cast iron for $245 a ton picked up. Probably get a little more for stainless if we cut it up to length. I’ve got 2 plasma cutters so it wouldn’t take as long to rid you of that reefer disease as you’ve waited to load/unload on one trip.

That’s just it, I coulda hauled the load had they loaded it the way I wanted it loaded.
They would only load it pinwheeled from the nose back.
42-44k lbs in 26 pallets.
With my setup I would have been 40k on the drives if I did that. Now I wanted 2 singles straight in the nose and load the rest all sideways but oh hale no!
It was literally load it their one way or nothing.

My bottom flange is 1-1/4 thick. Wonder if he would just run the chain under the frame and hook it to itself?

Anything is possible. I've seen some really shady chit that people called a properly secured load rolling down the highway that I couldn't get away from fast enough for my liking.

We moved a 16,000 pound Yale Forklift on one of flatbeds once and the guys couldn't figure out why the machine kept hitting the headache rack on the truck. I walked over to look at how they had it chained down and they had hooked all of the chains on the rub rails of the bed. So I redid all of the chains hooking the chains to the bed cross members and used a four foot chunk of pipe to tighten the boomers and it never moved after that.

Anything is possible. I've seen some really shady chit that people called a properly secured load rolling down the highway that I couldn't get away from fast enough for my liking.

We moved a 16,000 pound Yale Forklift on one of flatbeds once and the guys couldn't figure out why the machine kept hitting the headache rack on the truck. I walked over to look at how they had it chained down and they had hooked all of the chains on the rub rails of the bed. So I redid all of the chains hooking the chains to the bed cross members and used a four foot chunk of pipe to tighten the boomers and it never moved after that.
I got stopped when I first started driving at a CA scale for an inspection and they commented about how I had actually tied the trucks on right (4 corners, crossed and tight). When I looked confused, she said that about half the stuff they look at wouldn't hold something on the deck with a good side wind, let alone an actual accident. Kind of scared me and I started watching the other guys a little closer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Followed a coil on 70 today with two 4 inch straps crossed across the top. Would of got a picture but to busy getting the phuck away from it.

Was it behind an orange and white w9 by chance?

First he couldn’t see mine if it was me because hand tarping is for suckers and Canadians like Allan. Second I throw my straps through the eye and for safety I use an old blanket to keep the straps from being cut like this professional.
80691852dd0938ab61d539f1de0748c5.jpg

Chains are too heavy and get my hands dirty.

First he couldn’t see mine if it was me because hand tarping is for suckers and Canadians like Allan. Second I throw my straps through the eye and for safety I use an old blanket to keep the straps from being cut like this professional.

Whats that roll weigh j Faulk?

Your cousin leiffe in tbe volvo in the background stoppin for a chat?

Back