My new CR "Maxd out" setup!

So. How exactly do Formula 1 motors inject enough fuel at 20,000 rpm? They are direct injection IIRC.

Just did a quick search, they are not using direct injection as of yet, from the quick bit of reading I did sounds like the RPM's are the exact reason. Audi's Lemans cars do, but they only turn ~8000rpm

Last edited:
+Huge injection window considering its spark ignition. Think they are giving it a go 2014.
Um, audis f1 cars are v6 diesels that crank 8k. There is gas f1 cars that turn around 20k the Honda v8 powered cars will turn as high as 22k. I just happened to watch that on tv one day.

Um, audis f1 cars are v6 diesels that crank 8k. There is gas f1 cars that turn around 20k the Honda v8 powered cars will turn as high as 22k. I just happened to watch that on tv one day.

I hope your not confusing the Audi car that runs the LeMan's endurance race as an Formula one race car.

Guess what you can take a bone stock dmax or cummins injector and turn an engine 8000 rpm. You could not make peak power there.

Even the BIG dollar Audi does not make peak power anywhere its rev limit.

And no **** the gasser's can turn 20k and they are working in direct injection in 2014 BUT they also have an enormous window to inject fuel and they are not compression ignition. Think exhaust valve closes to intake valve closes.

Didn't watch that on tv one time.

I thought I had read somewhere that for the formula one cars possibly le mans?? because I don't follow either one of the racing circuits that Audi was made to downsize their
diesel race engines to be fair. Possibly in diesel power? Maybe I am not remembering the article in its entirety.

As for watching the Honda powered f1 car that was a few years ago on the speed channel. It was the car cam going around the track with the little blocks showing the throttle and brake inputs with a tach above it.

Back