What if...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
A $10k race was tried this year, if you remember, and it went meh. Prostreet calss has just gotten to the point, as expected, in such a rapid time, that your average enthusiast just can't dedicate the time needed, have the reliable support crew available for a whole season, and/or have the finances and resources to keep a PS program running a whole season. It has been proven payouts doesn't seem to be the issue, as just the ceiling is being hit, to where it's became more of a business venture, and not a hobby.

why not have it at an evnt already schedule that draws thousands of people? A big rig show shine and race day like they have at englishtown NJ? raceway park track is fast enough for the big boys to run 3.80's or faster at. the event is attended by thousands, it would be a feature race with lots of exposure. US Diesel Truckin Nationals

why not have it at an evnt already schedule that draws thousands of people? A big rig show shine and race day like they have at englishtown NJ? raceway park track is fast enough for the big boys to run 3.80's or faster at. the event is attended by thousands, it would be a feature race with lots of exposure. US Diesel Truckin Nationals

Because big rig racing and "prep" are never in the same sentence.

A $10k race was tried this year, if you remember, and it went meh. Prostreet calss has just gotten to the point, as expected, in such a rapid time, that your average enthusiast just can't dedicate the time needed, have the reliable support crew available for a whole season, and/or have the finances and resources to keep a PS program running a whole season. It has been proven payouts doesn't seem to be the issue, as just the ceiling is being hit, to where it's became more of a business venture, and not a hobby.

Who had a 10k race?

Slicks on 2wd / drag radials on 4wd
5500lb minimum

Small track in the southeast somewhere in the fall. Holt, FL?
$500 buy in
$20K to win regardless of truck count
No limit on truck count...everyone qualifies and full field eliminations

Because big rig racing and "prep" are never in the same sentence.

prep? show up ready to run, bring it, go balls out, win and walk away with a deserved paycheck.
this is not a test and tune event, now one wants to wade through that.

prep? show up ready to run, bring it, go balls out, win and walk away with a deserved paycheck.

this is not a test and tune event, now one wants to wade through that.

Yes I think most of the racers would love a track that would take hp and not be the average track we have to race on.

5500lb minimum

$500 buy in

You loose a lot of fast trucks with a weight limit like that.

I raced in the 2.6 race in Fl with my old 2wd truck, weight limit was 6000 then. Had to add about 900lbs and weighed at the truck stop and seemed good. It took every lead bar and steel plate I could put my hands on, got to the track and weighed about 100lbs lite, had to take the rear ranch hand bumper off my tow truck with the big Reese hitch to make 6015lbs.

5500lb minimum

$500 buy in
I'd be more interested in seeing a drag week style in the south or at least not in the northeast.

If not that, something along the lines of what the KOTS mustang events used to require, 50 mile type drive.

I will be the first to point out the issue with a 2.6" turbo rule, I would suggest some one be very clear with the rules, and not repeat what happened in PPL.

If the fast trucks wanna weight up and play then bring it on. It wouldn't be about the fastest trucks on the planet...it would be about an even playing field.
The opposite of that is some heavy trucks could shed weight and come play on some common ground.

Gary's race in FL was an absolute blast with truck is all sizes running. I'd love to see it again.

Last edited:
Make it a spec charger subject to inspection?

There are options, but if this was to become a serious discussion, I would recommend speaking with someone with experience in that area. I have written rules for several turbo classes, and what I will say is that none of it matters if the inspection doesn't take place or the tech doesn't know what to look for.

There are options, but if this was to become a serious discussion, I would recommend speaking with someone with experience in that area. I have written rules for several turbo classes, and what I will say is that none of it matters if the inspection doesn't take place or the tech doesn't know what to look for.

It would be great if it was some common, non custom exotic turbo that was off the shelf. I'd be up for it.

It would be great if it was some common, non custom exotic turbo that was off the shelf. I'd be up for it.

Definitely not some $6-8000 custom job. A box BW or something would do just fine. Nobody would be forcing anyone to join...everyone would come in knowing what the game is in advance.
Chargers inspected before qualifying and the bolts painted or something. Then inspected again at the end.

Just spitballing out loud here....don't take anything I say as gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back