What if...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion; Borg Warner turbo 179176 would be a good option, no modifications allowed other than an upgraded thrust bearing, any of the factory turbine housing options would be allowed.

I think it would most likely determined by entry fees. If the entry fees were palatable, then for sure they would show. If the fees had to cover most of the 25k, then i don't see it working out.

What if it were a 2k buy in, 100% payback no matter the size of the field?

Id be down depending on what part of the country this would be in...

Southeastern.

A $10k race was tried this year, if you remember, and it went meh. Prostreet calss has just gotten to the point, as expected, in such a rapid time, that your average enthusiast just can't dedicate the time needed, have the reliable support crew available for a whole season, and/or have the finances and resources to keep a PS program running a whole season. It has been proven payouts doesn't seem to be the issue, as just the ceiling is being hit, to where it's became more of a business venture, and not a hobby.

What if there was also another class or 2 with stupid large payouts?

I would think another 2.6 race would be better than Pro Street.

A 2.6 race would be fun, but I think you would need some Prostreet freakshow spectacle to get a good sized crowd.

I don't get the turbo limit idea, why ask someone to go ballz out if you are only going to cut them off by limiting turbo? any restrictions upstream of turbo? heck, a tuba sized bell forced intake seems the ticket

I don't get the turbo limit idea, why ask someone to go ballz out if you are only going to cut them off by limiting turbo? any restrictions upstream of turbo? heck, a tuba sized bell forced intake seems the ticket

It would be an equalizer and limit horsepower to be a more budget friendly set up. Less breakage and more consistent trucks. I loved the idea of the 2.6 race and all the interest it received, then the whole turbo rule thing got out of hand.

Because you won't get any racers to show up if they know Firepunk or that black Lightning is gonna take the money. Why would they bother?

What about Tulsa Raceway Park? Honest question. I have no idea what kind o'monies it would take to rent it, but some folks on here that are involved with Dyno for Dex sure would. It would offer a Central-ish location, and track prep is sure good there. I saw some amazing passes there at D4D this year. Don't get me wrong, 2.5hr drive from the house wouldn't hurt my feelings either.:bigsmile:

D4D has been under the umbrella of NHRDA who actually rents the track. Randy would know the answer to that question though.

Piedmont Dragway? Basically center of the coast, open to diesel events. Could probably even talk Rudy's into hosting at the fall event or a day before/after. People already in town for the big show get to watch another big money race. I know of probably 4 or 5 local trucks that would run if something like the box charger Weston mentioned were to be used. Out loud thinking here

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Has Beech Bend just fallen to ruin? I know when I was younger it was one of the top tracks in the country. I remember on a tour there once they stated that it was the "flattest" track in the country, less than the thickness of a dime anywhere on the track.

Fastest ET wins or first one to the stripe? Nitrous allowed? Winner takes all or pay back to 5-10 places?

I'd think you'd have quite a few more trucks enter if buy-in is $500 vs. the $2000 buy-in that was mentioned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back