What if...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one weekend a year at Ohio Valley Dragway at Louisville, KY they give me for a diesel event. If a it's decided later this year, I could have my choice of nearly any weekend. Soo........................

Wouldn't a 3.0 class be alot more fun than a 2.6? Maybe bring back the 2.8 class, to avoid seeing straight pulling chargers thrown in the mix?

Wouldn't a 3.0 class be alot more fun than a 2.6? Maybe bring back the 2.8 class, to avoid seeing straight pulling chargers thrown in the mix?

The same tricks will be applied no matter the bore size. If a box unit were to be implemented, an easy way to tech would be with a spare factory cover as a go/no go gauge. It would also give a visual to make tech comparisons much easier.

So if the factory cover fits over the wheel you're good to go....skip the bore plug altogether?

Been watching the chatter here back and forth on ideas and possibilities, and I understand the point as to reignite an innovative spark with something interesting such as a Cut-throat.

Yet the point of Bradenton was to push the limit and try what was never done before, remember Aron Nicks truck/ Blacks/ bullseye was the dominator of said event in a world where side drafts, large singles, and hugely oversized injectors were all slightly uncharted territory. Now NHRDA has slowly died off, and powerhouse names such as Banks are has been. Firepunk has proven to build the best machine and ignite innovation using R&D from all platforms, yet with a 2.6 nothing would be to gain except an over-crowded field on high 10-11 sec trucks which in the sport today is.... Well frankly just not impressive!

Now that diesel motorsports are where they are, besides making a massive purse grab what is the point and besides the 25k+ purse which is cool and all..... It'd be a complete yawn fest.

I digress!

Carry on!

As a side note, full pull 2.6 turbo rules would be ideal! SSD 2.6 Trucks Rules | Full Pull Productions

Turbocharger:*The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the*compressor housing may be 2.6”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65-inch plug or internal calipers. Bushing from any larger turbo size down to a 2.6 turbo is PROHIBITED. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than 1/4 inch. The 2.6” bore must be within 2” of the compressor wheel tips. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin-turbo configuration. **A “3.0” smooth bore turbo will be permitted if the truck runs Open Driveline” – Trucks will weigh 8000 Lbs. The 3.0 turbo charger is must be a smooth faced intake housing, limited to a 3.0” inlet, (no map ring) with all air entering through the 3.0” intake opening. Intake wheel must protrude 1/8th inch inside of opening.

Last edited:
I think you're dead ass wrong. A giant field of competitive trucks would be a riot...as was proven in Bradenton the first time.
You cannot do a big money race for all out trucks. Nobody will attempt it...that's a fact. You already know one of 2 trucks would win and almost nobody else would even try.
You throw 20 grand out there winner take all for a pile of 9-10 second trucks and you'll have a huge class.
If sponsors covered the bulk of all of the purse and buy in was low you'd have an epic show on your hands....guaranteed.

If anyone thinks full pull 2.6 turbo rules are great I'm guessing you don't really understand what those turbo actually are. A cheap realible box turbo that makes good power would be great for an event like this.

I think you're dead ass wrong. A giant field of competitive trucks would be a riot...as was proven in Bradenton the first time.
You cannot do a big money race for all out trucks. Nobody will attempt it...that's a fact. You already know one of 2 trucks would win and almost nobody else would even try.
You throw 20 grand out there winner take all for a pile of 9-10 second trucks and you'll have a huge class.
If sponsors covered the bulk of all of the purse and buy in was low you'd have an epic show on your hands....guaranteed.

If your looking for field turnout then yes logic is understood.

I'm thinking from the advancement of the sport side of it. For example when big bore singles can hang with compounds/ surpass them then an improvement is had.

I'm just talking from an Apple's to Apple's heads up for a 2.6, do you really see anything "game changing"?

While yes UCC has been relatively successful in drawing positive attention, the bar keeps moving higher As Well for it. I personally would hate for a new "big event" to set the notion that advancement has stalled.

Think you probably see my point, not that it wouldn't be fun. Honestly take the new technology and engine advancements and have and identical to a T turbo compressor side in/ex and cover then the only optional variable in turbine size, trim, housing, and flange size.

This way true Apple's to apples!

So if the factory cover fits over the wheel you're good to go....skip the bore plug altogether?

Yes, a plug check will not eliminate clipped/contoured wheels. You could also use it to ensure the MAP groove has not been altered.

As a side note, full pull 2.6 turbo rules would be ideal!

This clearly shows how little you know about what a 2.6" turbocharger entails, they are very well known to be the most out of control turbo regulations anywhere.

There is no need for a drag race to be the driving force behind turbo development, this has been taking place for years in pulling classes.

Honestly a box charger would be great in Pulling and racing and make it a cheap, reliable option for certain power goal. Also if you think FPP would be a good rule to follow for 2.6" you haven't seen some of the **** they let fly.

Yes, a plug check will not eliminate clipped/contoured wheels. You could also use it to ensure the MAP groove has not been altered.

This clearly shows how little you know about what a 2.6" turbocharger entails, they are very well known to be the most out of control turbo regulations anywhere.

There is no need for a drag race to be the driving force behind turbo development, this has been taking place for years in pulling classes.

Nobody is trying to help you sell turbos or their development. Also I only posted the rule as a reference to no bored down chargers.

Now I say that as a matter of fact and not to be abrasive, yet what's the point of having a set turbo inlet dia if it gets down to bore reducers. You of all people should know that there's a set volume of air that'll enter any given sized compressor.

Frankly for it to be a competition, and to truly show skills of building, tuning, and traction setup, if you make a set bar on the volume of air on the intake then let the rest of the team's hard work shine. Then again I think of the concept of sparking innovation. Non the less if a race like this were to go down it'd be a smoke show and a whirlwind on spray from the start to finish!

This is not a far fetched thought, hell if you wanted to run a 2.6 clipped s591 then so be it, just have all teams meet the same guidelines on in/ex and they can do whatever the hell they want on the exhaust side.

Last edited:
Nobody is trying to help you sell turbos or their development.

I recommended a box unit that could be purchased anywhere, in no way was my recommendation based on me trying to sell turbos.

Also I only posted the rule as a reference to no bored down chargers.

100mm and larger compressors are common for that set of rules. I'm not sure if you don't actually read the posts in this thread, or if you don't comprehend what is being discussed.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I know steel just paved the back half of the track. I think Jason would definitely be game. He is all about the truck game at the moment. I wish there was a class for the tweenerz. That are faster than 6.70 index but can't afford or don't have the time to compete in pro-street. I love the single, no spray, weight limit idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Steele is a good Location too. Nobody would drive too far aside from the west coast boys. $20K might get some of them loaded up though.

The same tricks will be applied no matter the bore size. If a box unit were to be implemented, an easy way to tech would be with a spare factory cover as a go/no go gauge. It would also give a visual to make tech comparisons much easier.

I'm looking at it as more of a bide time, to see if such a class would even have such interest.

If this is a box charger race I will run it. Don't make it somewhere dumb though

Standard covers? Set in/ex dia?

Explaining "box charger" to the participants that would likely enter this field could prove to be interesting.

Simple...a stock PN would be provided and that's the charger everyone runs. Like Weston said all available exhaust sides could be used but the air side wouldn't be open for discussion. Tech it with a stock cover and be done with it.
It's only hard when people make it hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back