What if...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommended a box unit that could be purchased anywhere, in no way was my recommendation based on me trying to sell turbos.

100mm and larger compressors are common for that set of rules. I'm not sure if you don't actually read the posts in this thread, or if you don't comprehend what is being discussed.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

No I completely understand what is being said, the problem is on the dirt yes it's been tried yet the rules are all over the place on what the definition of a legal 2.6 charger is.

Not a norm obviously on racing to intentionally limit air, which will be the biggest factor on top HP and not the rest of the build.

I'll go in dangerous waters here and say my 466 batmo 83/ 1.0 was a monster that made over 800HP cleanly with old dirty tuning and still runs 10.9s all day on the truck it went to when I sold It. Pushing a box 2.6 Will be fun to watch as there maybe quit a few blown units at the end of the day, unless it stays as cut throat eliminations.

It will be nice to simple much nicer "simple" relatively reliable builds competeing again!

Why not run an exact turbo. Compressor, exhaust and turbine all the same exact size? Seems that will level the playing field even more. I know the turbine would be hard to tech, I haven't really got that far.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Why not run an exact turbo. Compressor, exhaust and turbine all the same exact size? Seems that will level the playing field even more. I know the turbine would be hard to tech, I haven't really got that far.

In my opinion; Borg Warner turbo 179176 would be a good option, no modifications allowed other than an upgraded thrust bearing, any of the factory turbine housing options would be allowed.

Just building off Weston's thoughts.

I think the 171702 (75/96/1.32) would be a good option for a box charger. Very easy and cheap to get and most of the prostreet and super street guys are running very similar dimensioned turbos on the manifold anyways, at least 96/1.32 hotside or T6 manifold.

I have one weekend a year at Ohio Valley Dragway at Louisville, KY they give me for a diesel event. If a it's decided later this year, I could have my choice of nearly any weekend. Soo........................

Wouldn't a 3.0 class be alot more fun than a 2.6? Maybe bring back the 2.8 class, to avoid seeing straight pulling chargers thrown in the mix?

I have been to Woosley's event, it would be the perfect event for this race.

Whomever hosts the event should figure out/ determine the turbo (a lot of good suggestions have been made here). Looks like minimum weight and tires have already been determined.

I would definitely make the trip to wherever to participate in this race as long as the buy-in is reasonable.

why not have it at an evnt already schedule that draws thousands of people? A big rig show shine and race day like they have at englishtown NJ? raceway park track is fast enough for the big boys to run 3.80's or faster at. the event is attended by thousands, it would be a feature race with lots of exposure. US Diesel Truckin Nationals

A. They don't want it.
B. They race ALL day with a packed field. Where are you going to fit it in?
C. There is zero, zip, zilch trach prep.

Not sure why everyone thinks adding it to an existing field is the ticket. This would be it's own event that other items would need to be scheduled around. Not some fill the time in with a $25K purse race.

Last edited:
With that said I'd be in but just not this year. If it's next year I'm game. I think some are missing the point of the race. It's to make as many trucks as possible competitive in a single class and have a big field. This would do it.

Last edited:
With that said I'd be in but just not this year. If it's next year I'm game. I think some are missing the point of the race. It's to make as many trucks as possible competitive in a single class and have a big field. This would do it.

Exactly...and having it next year is a no brainer. Maybe early spring while the weather is nice and folks aren't too deep into their regularly scheduled race builds.

Yes. But only allow one turbine housing. Not multiple...

Seems silly sense all motors have different displacements so you would be giving unfair advantages no matter what one you selected

I know lots of midwestern trucks that would play but Alabama is a hike. I would go as long as Smokem did the tech inspections on the turbos

How about Crossville, TN for the location. The owners there put a lot into the facility and it is an awesome 1/8-mile strip!!! The RLC Rockytop ODSS race is held there in late July, but Michael Dalton is also general manager of the track and would be very open to hosting another large scale diesel event there...

Yes. But only allow one turbine housing. Not multiple...

Brad there is no need for this, changing the turbine housing is not substantial enough to regulate.

I think the 171702 (75/96/1.32) would be a good option for a box charger. Very easy and cheap to get and most of the pro street and super street guys are running very similar dimension turbos on the manifold anyways, at least 96/1.32 hot side or T6 manifold.

Not against it, but you are giving up a better factory compressor and five turbine housing options for a larger turbine and three turbine housing options. In case it's not well known, a T6 1.10AR housing for the 82/87mm turbine is available from Borg Warner.

Last edited:
Would be awesome to see a class locked down to a SXE supercore bought through and tagged by an organization. Let the person get whatever exhaust housing they wanted to match their engine combo. This could be a very good class for a level playing field in the future. I don't think I seen any talk of the use of Nitrous. There isn't any point in limiting air if you allow the guys to spray instead.

No nitrous. Single spec charger would be the only source of air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back