What if...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be desired goal? A field of say 32 or even 64 trucks to have 5 or 6 rounds of racing with minimal bye runs
Running order determined by qualifying ladder or pick #s out of a hat for each round to make it interesting?

Just wondering, why limit it to only trucks? 4500lbs min weight, same tire rules already posted with the box BW unit.

5500lbs and bring it. No rails, FC's or altereds would be my only stipulation.
Super street trucks can't get to 4500 but Pro Street can easily get to 5500 as well as Super Street trucks

What would be desired goal? A field of say 32 or even 64 trucks to have 5 or 6 rounds of racing with minimal bye runs
Running order determined by qualifying ladder or pick #s out of a hat for each round to make it interesting?

The field would be everyone that enters. No limit on car count.
2 qualifying passes then run the full ladder.

I think beach bend would be a great place as well. One of the best tracks I've raced on for sure. Plus Woosley's curse of beach bend was lifted this year lol

First to the stripe...as it should be. If you're making sammiches that's your own fault. lol
No nitrous....single 2.6 only.

You need to completely forget anything related to a 2.6" turbo rule. That wheel size being only 66mm won't make enough power to be anywhere near entertaining, and if you allow clipped wheels you are bringing back all the issues that arose on the pulling side. Realistically it's going to take a 3" wheel to make the power needed in my opinion, especially without nitrous, and that box unit would be more reliable compared to the equivalent S476 SX-E, not to mention cheaper.

Like I said....I'm just spitballing. Gotta start a conversation somewhere.
Single 3.0 no nitrous?

I "think" it would semi-level the playing field between 2 and 4WD.
Again...just thinking out loud for the sake of conversation.

Screw leveling the playing field. Run what you brung! If you knock the tires off in your 2wd, oh well, you built it. No turbo limits, nitrous if you got it, no tire limits. This convo started as a "cash days" kind of convo and has turned into a sanctioned rule book event. I say steel bodies with vin tags, no chassis cars/trucks.

What you're talking about is basically the same Pro Street race anyone can go watch anywhere.
The spectators and racers at Gary's 2.6 race will all tell you it was one of the best events they've ever been to.

I like these ideas. Appreciate Richard for throwing it out there.

I think something like this is going to be the only way youll see a full field and 5-6 good rounds of eliminations and heads up racing. Fact of the matter, is currently there are only about a dozen competitive Super Street trucks out racing currently, and there is currently only about a dozen competitive Pro Street trucks out racing currently. So even at a BIG SS race like youll see next weekend in Salt Lake, or a BIG PS race like TS or Rudys etc, you only end up with 10-15 vehicle field. On top of this, half of each field are in the 1600+hp range and have a drastic advantage over the rest of their competitors, mainly due to being shop built or sponsored vehicles. If you could find a good weight in the middle of the two classes, and get them down around the same hp, you could end up with solid field with CLOSE side by side racing all day. The win would end up going to the guy that can cut the best light, has their suspension dialed in, and spent the most time really tweaking and tuning their butts off to find every last hp they could out of their setup.

Between UCC and NHRDA's record chasing, i think we have enough events every year to go let it fly at. Sure would be fun to see a real shootout with close races and a big field. Imagine a 32 truck field. $1000 to enter. Throw in a good title sponsor and some other kick ins...and youre talking $25-40k to the winner. I cant see guys not traveling for this.

Bradenton is the best track in the southeast bar none. I could easily rent that track again. The race that Jeff and I put on was indeed one of the most exciting races I've ever been to. Just look at what it did for turbo technology in just a few short months�� That race was solely dependent on a large entry fee to finance though. As most know Marco stepped in last minute and wrote an extremely large check to cover the purse. I'm all for doing something like this agin, just need to figure out how to make it interesting enough to fill the pits and the stands. Fall in Florida makes for awesome racing weather also.

Keep it a box turbo that makes good power, realistic weight limit, rules set in stone at the start and it will work. I'm ready to start testing.

I think this would be a good race to do the day or two before an ODSS race if you're looking for a crowd/big event, I would have no problem weighting our truck up to 5500lbs and limiting the turbo to say a box 475/96 will limit your fuel only power to 1200hp +-. You should be able to run 6.0-6.30 1/8th mile times with 1200hp @ 5500lbs depending on 60' times and go rounds, I would bet you could make 50 passes on a transmission at that level. So it wouldn't be hard to remove ballasts and bolt triples back on for Pro Street the following day. I could see a large attendance for an event like that.

Lavon

I was hoping some of y'all running Pro Street weights would chime in and actually be into weighting up and running a race like that.
I think it goes without saying the fun factor is there.

Screw leveling the playing field. Run what you brung! If you knock the tires off in your 2wd, oh well, you built it. No turbo limits, nitrous if you got it, no tire limits. This convo started as a "cash days" kind of convo and has turned into a sanctioned rule book event. I say steel bodies with vin tags, no chassis cars/trucks.

That race already has one of 3 winners. Ryan, Lavon or the lightening. No one shows up to race that race

That race already has one of 3 winners. Ryan, Lavon or the lightening. No one shows up to race that race

Exactly. I bet they would all at least heavily consider coming to play at this other hypothetical race though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back