Well now the season is over Let ask again..

hmm so its ok to run double the mph at half the weight?

My point is I agree the safety specs should seriously be looked at. The nitro cars were not up to spec either until the specs were changed. I remember people saying the same stuff about nitro cars when they were creeping up on the 300 mark 27 ish years ago.

hmm so its ok to run double the mph at half the weight?

My point is I agree the safety specs should seriously be looked at. The nitro cars were not up to spec either until the specs were changed. I remember people saying the same stuff about nitro cars when they were creeping up on the 300 mark 27 ish years ago.

Nitro cars are built to do this trucks are built to tow a camper.

Last edited:
A real race from the old days was always the 1/4

I guess it depends on what you were raised on. I have always raced 1/4 mile till this year. The local track went from 1/4 mile to 1/8 mile a number of years ago due to cost of maintenance and insurance. This happened after a female motorcyce racer died near the finish line of the 1/4 mile. I don't mind 1/8 racing after having done a fair amount of it this year in my gasser. The car is a bit of a handfull and until I get more use to it, I'll race mostly 1/8 mile. It only backhalfs an additional 25mph when it is running in good air like Woodburn anyway.

...This year yes actually slightly more. Last year was 1700 hp with a 42 mph back half....last year only 1 other could back half like us...schied.

You ran 4.90's @ mid 140'smph. @ 2800lbs... That is the same as an Ultra Street car, but they are 3250lbs...

I have a number of friends that run Ultra street and the best they run is 1300hp with an extra 400lbs... Even my buddy that runs x275 wouldn't claim he makes 2000hp even on the engine dyno and he runs 4.50's @ 160mph at 3200lbs.

WADE maybe others don't race anything else, but for the rest of us that do, you are so full of $hit it is coming out your ears.

What I would give to see your engine on the same dyno the same day as JSP and listen to your excuses as to why you were 800hp shy of JSP and 800hp shy of your claimed 2000hp...

Last edited:
You ran 4.90's @ mid 140'smph. @ 2800lbs... That is the same as an Ultra Street car, but they are 3250lbs...

I have a number of friends that run Ultra street and the best they run is 1300hp with an extra 400lbs... Even my buddy that runs x275 wouldn't claim he makes 2000hp even on the engine dyno and he runs 4.50's @ 160mph at 3200lbs.

WADE maybe others don't race anything else, but for the rest of us that do, you are so full of $hit it is coming out your ears.

What I would give to see your engine on the same dyno the same day as JSP and listen to your excuses as to why you were 800hp shy of JSP and 800hp shy of your claimed 2000hp...

Lol...where do I start....last year (2013)I went 4.80 @ 152 mph @ 2800 lbs with out lock up and 25% convertor slippage!!!!!!

This year on our first and only straight pass put down numbers that translated to a 4.40 1/8th. Was only a 330 pass.
You figure out those numbers.

Last edited:
Lol...where do I start....last year (2013)I went 4.80 @ 152 mph @ 2800 lbs with out lock up and 25% convertor slippage!!!!!!

This year on our first and only straight pass put down numbers that translated to a 4.40 1/8th. Was only a 330 pass.

So even if you ACTUALLY did a 4.40 pass and not just CALCULATED a 4.40 pass you are still just where the top of X275 runs, but not the MPH and they are 400lbs heavier, and still not claiming 2000hp... More like 1700hp and 400lbs heavier... :nail:

So even if you ACTUALLY did a 4.40 pass and not just CALCULATED a 4.40 pass you are still just where the top of X275 runs, but not the MPH and they are 400lbs heavier, and still not claiming 2000hp... More like 1700hp and 400lbs heavier... :nail:

We are not running the same engine. The new one crushed the old one in the hp dept. Also you forgot to calculate the convertor slippage.

We are not running the same engine. The new one crushed the old one in the hp dept. Also you forgot to calculate the convertor slippage.

You have horrible reading comprehension. Let me break it down for you.

He said this:

In response to this:

Notice he used words like CALCULATED which coincides with your word TRANSLATES when referencing the "4.40".

Not sure what all the fuss is about really, by the way i'm talking about engine power , not wheels. we have entirely too much convertor slip to make any appreciable wheel power.

25% at 1/8th is a ton compared to any lock up or even gasser comparisons.

Our only decent pass this year was a 1.07 60' and a 3.0 330, mind you that we broke the pinion gear at 2.6 into the run and coasted to a 3.0 330et, even went through the 1/8th at 5.07 at just over 100 mph!

in 2013 our avg 60'was 1.20's while 330' was low 3.teens's....

So please if you will discredit our claimed HP numbers please don't stop there...there are some who claimed much more power than us and last year barely went faster than us with much lighter weight,lock up and still couldn't touch our back half!

doesn't matter if they were 100% or not, because neither were we!

let's see the similarities. ...2300 lbs and 1000 ft best drivers in the world with dual chuts....what's the comparison?

45936094.jpg

We are going to add a 10.90 class for next year. Not sure on a name for the class so lets throw out some ideas

It will be a test class to see if we really do get competitors to show up and compete in this class

So that means no National points chase but if does well then it will be added to the 2016 points series

Have a great new year

Sounds like I will be dual classing the new truck!!! Should be exciting, I am really looking forward to the season!!

Good job Randy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back