Well now the season is over Let ask again..

I think the 8th mile change is being put in place to help keep trucks together and running. I'm fine with either. But nearly all the races are over by the 1/8 anyhow.

I agree, if this does go 1/8 more it will be interesting to see what happens when people have to get faster in the 1/8 or off the line etc.

I agree that some of this is fueled by people thinking it is going to help the 4wd trucks in PS. I however also believe that if everyone went to the 8th for the class those same guys will be crying all over again after gearing changes are made.

A lot of people also believe that their 6.2x 8th mile time has them closer to the guys running 5.8x and so on but that is a bus length at the end of the day.

Just like anything else if you aren't changing and adjusting you will be passed up, unless the rules are adjusted.

I agree, if this does go 1/8 more it will be interesting to see what happens when people have to get faster in the 1/8 or off the line etc.
This.

It will fuel the launch innovation and we'll see big gains when you apply that to the 1/4 mile too.

This.

It will fuel the launch innovation and we'll see big gains when you apply that to the 1/4 mile too.

IMO it will be another turnover. The 2 wheel drive guys still have a huge advantage, once they figure the 1/8 stuff out. This is just a 1, 2, 3 year band aid to keep the 4 wheel drive competitive.

IMO it will be another turnover. The 2 wheel drive guys still have a huge advantage, once they figure the 1/8 stuff out. This is just a 1, 2, 3 year band aid to keep the 4 wheel drive competitive.
I was thinking more along the lines of CR vs dinosaurs. Good point about the 2wd.

A major re-design of safety rules would push a lot of guys out, at least short-term. We're heading for a shorter track, or rules to slow us down -- it's inevitable. It's not a question of if, but when.

At any event I go to, I notice that 95% of trucks in the parking lot are 4x4. While the tubbed, big slick, tube chassis, 2wd trucks represent the cutting edge of diesel drag racing, there are a lot of guys in the crowd that came to see regular looking 4x4 trucks go fast.

With that said, I'll show up and race with whatever class I fit into. Don't care if it's 660', 1000, or 1320.

I think the 8th mile change is being put in place to help keep trucks together and running. I'm fine with either. But nearly all the races are over by the 1/8 anyhow.

I have seen as many trucks break in the first 60' as I have seen them break out past 660'. You start focusing on leaving harder through the 8th and that number is going to increase.

Wade STFU you trying to ride Anthony's speedo now?

Yes breaking is all part of pushing the limits in racing. The point is you all keep saying running the 8th will reduce the carnage like previously stated no it wont just break different stuff...

Wade STFU you trying to ride Anthony's speedo now?

Yes breaking is all part of pushing the limits in racing. The point is you all keep saying running the 8th will reduce the carnage like previously stated no it wont just break different stuff...

What did i miss?

His quote is exactly what i would have said!

As for you moronic statment about 1/8th not helping it sure does help, for one when the idiots oil downs cover 50% less track....clean up is less time. and guess what its safer! Ever thought about that? racing is way tighter and it forces racers to learn how to RACE, not just show up and oil down the whole 1/4 mile.

What did i miss?

His quote is exactly what i would have said!

As for you moronic statment about 1/8th not helping it sure does help, for one when the idiots oil downs cover 50% less track....clean up is less time. and guess what its safer! Ever thought about that? racing is way tighter and it forces racers to learn how to RACE, not just show up and oil down the whole 1/4 mile.

Well since we are discussing "moronic statments"...

If we are now reducing the track to 660' from the previous 1320' (that would be half just for clarity) how are we only oiling down 50% less track?

For the record Comp Jr. it is spelled statement....:bang

Not sure I totally agree with this, IIRC Seth's truck is 4x4 and it back halfs better than anyone. I have driven both 4x4 and 2x4 and while I think in the end the 2x4 will win most races, I don't think they are any safer and my experience the 4x4 feels more stable at least up to around 140mph.

Does anyone know if race insurance is cheaper for 1/8 mile?

Last edited:
Not sure I totally agree with this, IIRC Seth's truck is 4x4 and it back halfs better than anyone. I have driven both 4x4 and 2x4 and while I think in the end the 2x4 will win most races, I don't think they are any safer and my experience the 4x4 feels more stable at least up to around 140mph.

Does anyone know if race insurance is cheaper for 1/8 mile?

So the safety argument is moot to you? Or just a MPH thing...? From just a weight standpoint it is hard me to understand how anyone could see them equal in safety.

Last edited:
So the safety argument is moot to you? Or just a MPH thing...? From just a weight standpoint it is hard me to understand how anyone could see them equal in safety.
I have to agree the heaver the vehicle the more mass and inertia. When we called about getting a chute for Max'd Out and Rob told them what we had their reply was he need a psychiatrist not a chute as a person would have to be crazy to drive a 6000+ truck that fast. Due to the lack of good aerodynamics and much down force at those higher speeds I think both 4x4 and 2x4 tend to feel a bit light on the track. Probably worse for the 4x4 as they tend to sit a little higher.

I'm just here to phuck **** up! Let me know the rules and where the race is. I'll be there. I'm all for racing any length.

Back