'98 Dodge 4bt/47rh Build

I try not to get butthurt. Laughed for 5 straight minutes
compd.jpg

GF was around to help me make a couple vids... they are a few months overdue, but better late than never :). squeaky belt and all. about 32F and slippery enough to almost get run over by her lol

[ame]http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o520/moochoff/4btstart_zps92325909.mp4[/ame]

[ame]http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o520/moochoff/4btstart2_zps60c170c6.mp4[/ame]

[ame]http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o520/moochoff/4btstart3_zps24cd48b3.mp4[/ame]

Last edited:
Overall- Im very happy, puts a smile on my girlfriends face almost every time it gets started in the driveway

BUT she's loud, slow, and I get a lot of confused looks...

I still have the stock gas tank filler so I havent been able to get an accurate mileage. yet, though I can already tell its GREAT compared to what the old 360 guzzled. Over 1k miles on her and still working out bugs here and there. Mostly caused by my inexperience, but nothing I havent been able to tweak or fix...

0-60 is over 20 seconds so I havent won any street races ;). VE pump and timing is still stock, obviously no IC yet, and I am just now dialing in the tv cable and OD shift where I want it for daily driving...

Looking for around 150-175hp and 25 mpg when Im done.

Plans are 366 spring, 1/8" timing bump, spin the fuel pin, adjust starwheel and smoke screw. Add a 2nd gen intercooler. I am sticking with the baby h1c, but will be swapping the ex housing from 16cm to 12cm for a quicker spool. exhaust is 3" straight pipe

With the stock VE pump I just made 73miles/3.2gal=22.8mpg with some city/interstate driving and 20-30minutes total idling time.

Efficiency items on the list:

-Add I/C
-Bump timing 1/8"
-Get a new air filter (reused the old one)
-better thermostat, 4bt and 47rh both running too cold still
-16cm-->12cm ex housing on turbo for spool

I was just unwilling to swap axles and the suspension... still testing mpg but going to get after the parts mentioned above in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Only minor updates, but have been fiddling and tweaking none the less :)

Turns out the timing has been bumped the entire time lol. So I won't be getting much better efficiency from here on. I have the new turbo and '97 intercooler ready, I am just gathering up my plumbing a couple pieces at a time. I have a 366 spring in the mail too, so when it gets here I will hopefully be able to put it in along with the intake goodies.

Picking up a new tstat and bhaf tomorrow from napa... Still havent installed a fan, we'll see when the summer temps come around if Ill even install it at all.

I traded my Ford 1g alternator for a 3g (upgrade in amperage and reliability)
-grabbed one from a junkyard for cheap, took it apart and cleaned it up and added new brushes for $8... It was a direct drop in for the bracket. I will be flipping it upside down and making room for my AC compressor. I will likely be mounting my AC like this
acmounting_zpsa3073c41.gif

Word of advice, skip the bhaf. I used one on my 4bt swap, then switched to an are cone style filter and noticed a big difference in spool up and acceleration. Good job on the swap.

Last edited:
Word of advice, skip the bhaf. I used one on my 4bt swap, then switched to an are cone style filter and noticed a big difference in spool up and acceleration. Good job on the swap.

Nice, I had thought about switching to a cone but didnt want a k&n. Ill check out was afe has...

Should have the 12cm/freshly rebuilt h1c on by next weekend too

where did you get you pressure switch for the trans and it will take 2 right one for the t/c and one for over drive
I ditched the adjustable pressure switch because it was extremely inconsistent. Shifting at 35-65mph when threaded into the governer port on the passenger side.

And I got my 3 pin OD/TC plug from transmissionpartsusa. Around $20 for it, I have it wired to 2 switches by the steering wheel now (center wire is 12v accesory). I like being able to control when you shift in or out of overdrive. The pressure switch makes it tough to make a quick pass on the highway or where speed limits are 40-55mph.

Back