'98 Dodge 4bt/47rh Build

Moochoff

New to Compd but here goes-

Ive got a 98 dodge with a 360/46re not worth its weight in dirt... Long story short Ill be pulling the motor and tranny next weekend and get this ball rolling.

Ive found my tranny, tcase, engine adapter, and a flex plate so far, but cant locate a dang 4bt for a "less than ridiculous" price within a day's drive away. Ive been watching craigslist, ebay, dieselenginetrader, dieselsales, dovebid, and 4btswaps without much success.

Anyways, Ill be posting pics/progress/and probably questions as I go along in the next few weeks.

-Jake
IMG_0636.jpg

4bts are around put they tend to be more expensive than 12v, so if it comes to price it will be cheaper to put a 12v in it.

I have a p pump 4bt with motor mounts, manifolds, turbo's etc. A whole truck full of parts. It has a gov. spring kit and a plate in it. I think it is a 6 plate.
Peak said it should be 180 hp.

From Canton S.D.

Please post updates, I for one am suscribed. :thankyou2:

As for the 6bt idea, I realize its been done and would be cheaper. But its my truck so... :D

The 47rh has 3K since it's rebuild. Red alto clutches, Kolene steels, Transgo shift kit, and billet single disc converter... I'll be degreasing/cleaning it up for some red engine paint to match the 4bt block. Also be adding my pressure switch for OD.

Found my 4bt with accesories, starter, turbo, radiator, mounts, intake/exhaust for $2500
30k miles since its rebuild from cummins. Its getting pulled from a bread van now and will be seperated from the chevy trans this week!

I'll throw a pic on after im all done with the trans tonight

Cool, ive always liked the 4bt for 1500 conversions! With good tuning it will do great!

Progress Pics

Picking the old 360
photo.jpg

Painted the top of the new 47rh
photo-2.jpg

The ole lady cleaning her new tranny
photo-1.jpg

More to come:rockwoot:

Last edited:
THE 4BT WILL DO GOOD. i had a 4bt/nv4500 in my k5 blazer with 35" tires. only thing i did to it was put a 3gsk springs in the ppump and tune it with out a plate. it ran good and stronger than the 454 that was in it. plus i got over 20 mpg.

A little more progress

Empty engine bay
photo-5.jpg

Girlfriend took a picture of me drinkin beer looking pretty stupid afterwards :bang

photo-5.jpg

Jesus guys. :doh: 4bt's will make 200-250 hp with the old rotary pump and a single turbo

Anyways... Not a dragster, looking for optimum fuel mileage in a cool project. I have other toys that satisfy my go-fast urge.

Garmon 1500 12v gets 55mpg :D

Your progress looks great though! :pop:

Back