Test drove a 2012 F350 and was absolutely disgusted!

So one link to a damaged engine that was running SPE's compound turbo set-up and one YouTube video of another damaged motor. I stand corrected, they all suck. :hehe:

My Cummins did this!
View attachment 35972
View attachment 35973

My Cat did this!
View attachment 35974

And a few Duramax's did this!
View attachment 35975

A guys ISX Cummins did this!
View attachment 35976

All are total junk using his logic huh? Lol

Almost sounds like Wadeology....:doh:

Like it's been said over and over in threads before this one, and I'm sure it'll be said again...they are ALL money pits, and can FAIL at any given time. Schit happens. Document the known failures...and update with better after market or even factory upgrades. Other than that buy what you like, and enjoy!

Holy chit! They're total crap the evidence is overwhelming!

3rd Gen CR Engine Failures!

Gee how about we google "53 block"

Or how about "Injector failure" or go through any of Swoles carnage posts.

What does this all mean....nothing!

Anyone remember when the Dmax came out and all the dbags that swore the aluminum heads would never survive..........how'd those predictions work out? Hell there's a Dmax in the mod class and 2 more coming soon.LOL

Holy chit! They're total crap the evidence is overwhelming!

3rd Gen CR Engine Failures!

Gee how about we google "53 block"

Or how about "Injector failure" or go through any of Swoles carnage posts.

What does this all mean....nothing!

Anyone remember when the Dmax came out and all the dbags that swore the aluminum heads would never survive..........how'd those predictions work out? Hell there's a Dmax in the mod class and 2 more coming soon.LOL

I was just feeding the fire lol. Still too soon to say whether they are good or not. Look at the 6.4, when they first came out they were the best thing ever. Now they are getting as bad or worse a rep than the 6.0 ....

Just rode in my friends new 6.7 yesterday and it was a nice truck good power for being completely stock definitely not use to not hearing the engine running or exhaust. I personally wouldn't buy one but I wouldn't tell anyone not to. I'm just not a Ford guy just like there's people that aren't Dodge or Cummins guys.

Um.... the Ford 6.7s really dont hold power over 600-650hp and start to throw rods. The rods are even smaller so that doesnt help. I've seen enough issues with the 2012 model and its engine to stay away from for now. I'm on Ford forums all day and a Ford driver so I can say that.

IMO I will take a 6.4 over a 6.7 anyday.

They still have to tweak the engine. Has a lot of potential, just not all there yet.

Yes I know the issues of 6.4 and drive a 6.0. So it's mainly pick your poison and drive it.

The 6.4 is a good engine I will agree... but they had failures too... hell my buddy is a mechanic at a dodge dealership and they have lots of engines fail too... still a pretty good engine IMO. I am not sure where you are getting the ford is a copy of the LMK engine,, it isnt even close. And as far as rods go,, how many hp do you think you can get with a stock set of duramax rods? Like I said it is a good time to be into diesels, lots of new cool technology and exciting things in the pipe

Oh,, and the lag fix on the ford is not to run a smaller charger, it was to put the exhaust ports in the galley of the engine, therefore shortening the distance to the turbo... You have to remember that with the ford you can get almost 600 hp with a tuner, things break at 600 hp , no matter what brand you run.

The 6.4 is a good engine I will agree... but they had failures too... hell my buddy is a mechanic at a dodge dealership and they have lots of engines fail too... still a pretty good engine IMO. I am not sure where you are getting the ford is a copy of the LMK engine,, it isnt even close. And as far as rods go,, how many hp do you think you can get with a stock set of duramax rods? Like I said it is a good time to be into diesels, lots of new cool technology and exciting things in the pipe

Oh,, and the lag fix on the ford is not to run a smaller charger, it was to put the exhaust ports in the galley of the engine, therefore shortening the distance to the turbo... You have to remember that with the ford you can get almost 600 hp with a tuner, things break at 600 hp , no matter what brand you run.

Exactly! The Duramax is nearly bulletproof with a stock CP3. Add more fuel and your going to need rods. It just amazes me the people who judge the quality of an engine by the amount abuse it can take by dickbeater on a forum before it broke. I have a friend who put a giant set of twins on a bone stock Dmax in '03 (before rods were out) and bent all 8 of his rods so bad the counterweights on the crank knocked the skirts off the pistons. Gee how far they've come since then. Now they're surviving with 3 CP3's and over 100psi of boost.

What a POS the 6.7 is since in stock form it can't hold twice it's rated HP 2 yrs after it was released.

Oh,, and the lag fix on the ford is not to run a smaller charger
But thats exactly what they did. Tiny turbo with an extra compressor wheel.

You have to remember that with the ford you can get almost 600 hp with a tuner
I call BS on that one. The 6.7 has crazy drive pressure with the stock tune and the VNT turbo already needs a wastegate because its so small.

But thats exactly what they did. Tiny turbo with an extra compressor wheel.

I call BS on that one. The 6.7 has crazy drive pressure with the stock tune and the VNT turbo already needs a wastegate because its so small.

Who gives a chit? Who's the moron who shoots for 600hp and insists on keeping the stock charger? Are you saying this because a stock 5.9/6.7 Cummins charger can easily support 600hp with low drive pressure and cool boost temps? Your arguments are retarded because these same statements were made in 2001 about the Duramax and all have been proven wrong.

Is anyone going to come out with larger dual compressor chargers?

Posted via tapatalk if you know what i mean

Who gives a chit? Who's the moron who shoots for 600hp and insists on keeping the stock charger?
morkable. "You have to remember that with the ford you can get almost 600 hp with a tuner"

Is anyone going to come out with larger dual compressor chargers?
Absolutely. Its just a matter of time and somebody willing to invest in production. The main focus right now seems to be throwing a second turbo at it.

That is a nice looking truck.

I just orderd one same color with a long bed and all the goodies.

I was a little surprised that my 6.0 seems to pull a lot harder but that can be fixed. All the people I talked to that have them love them.

Absolutely. Its just a matter of time and somebody willing to invest in production. The main focus right now seems to be throwing a second turbo at it.

Highly doubtful...there's a lot to making that second wheel work and seal. If Garrett or other OEM comes out with one for a bigger CI engine, OK, but it won't be cheap and you might have a hard time getting it.

I can't see the aftermarket going for it. Why go to the trouble when compounds are known quantities and use inexpensive off the shelf parts?

I hate seeing that copper color on the 6.7....those damn things look SHARP!

Rods seem to bend/break, ok, so do Duramax rods (and Cummins too), it's just a matter of how much power they bend at. What, an LBZ/LMM is good to 650-700ish I think? A 6.7 Cummins is probably shaky over 800...

The 6.7 performance aspect is yet to be proven. It's not as stout as the 6.4 in stock trim (tune, delete); the 6.4 has proven to be THE performance platform for Ford. 6.7 may be as well, who knows?

Back