upgraded ecm for the vp's!

What good is a 4k ECM when the pump isn't capable of flowing that kind of fuel at that rpm?

How is the ECM going to be different from a redline?

why is the pump not capable please explain? A redline is inconsistent and in my op. cant not be trusted. The ecm upgrade would be a simple fix the can be dependable.

Isn't there some electronic limiting on the VP itself? I thought the aftermarket boxes that give the added RPM, basically just hold the return solenoid closed forcing more fuel into the engine giving more RPM, with very little control.

From memory, 2 companies are modding the pump to gain more internal timing. Wish I knew what the max retard is on it though.

Heres a question for you guys what is it worth? Lets start simple, an ecm that cuts out the defuel and would give us 100% fuel to say 4000 rpms thats it what the dollar amount you would be willing to spend?

I would think a price similar to the redline would not be out of the question. It just depends on how much work it takes, and obviously we don't want it to be outrageously priced, but if thats what it takes and its dependable then I'm sure it would sell.

Then sell the VP and build a powerstroke? Personally driving home has nothing to do with it, for years my truck could be driven on the street, but the reason it saw a trailer was for the fact that I needed to get home that night if the fluke thing happened, like driveline breakage, turbo gave up the ghost etc, etc. Most of the time when that really low HP truck puts the hurt on the high HP trucks is cause the track is crap, and the high HP guys are unable to get the tires to hook up.

My point is that a vp can hang with some good running trucks if setup right. You pull different classes than I do. I'm a 2.6 truck who pulls Hot "Street" classes. It does matter if my truck gets driven in or not. The really low hp vp I'm referring to did 788hp/1586lbft. & runs 15" wide tires. I guess thats a really low hp truck. Guess it don't matter now, that vp is not on that truck any longer. He went to a p-pump too.

I would think a price similar to the redline would not be out of the question. It just depends on how much work it takes, and obviously we don't want it to be outrageously priced, but if thats what it takes and its dependable then I'm sure it would sell.

Ditto. I'd buy it.

I've got the files from the website that JDonaghue had up. But it is too big to upload here. So send me a pm with your email and I can send them to whoever wants them.

Unless someone knows a place to upload a zipfile ?

AT a certain rpm the ecm will sense a run away condition and cut fueling to prevent the runaway condition.

AT a certain rpm the ecm will sense a run away condition and cut fueling to prevent the runaway condition.

I had that issue. I had to run a 12v supply to my lift pump on a switch for when I pull. If Marco gets bored, tell him to fix that issue for me. I'll pay him for his time. LOL

The only way a VP is gonna run away is if the charger is puking oil into the intake and cutting fuel isn't going to do anything for that.

One idea i had was to develop an adjustable pump gear like for a p pump. Maybe that way you could tune out the lose of bottom end that jumping a tooth may have. Obviously the new ecm would be better but it may be an option.

does anybody know what computer language the ecm uses? i had to get a tutor for a programming class and this guy was good, and broke lol, I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing some programing for some cash. maybe just do a comp only ecm first to see if it works then go back and put a few handy bells and whistles in it.

Back