84 Chevy Crew Cab 12v Conversion

Well sense my last update I started running brake lines and got the fuel lines ran back to where the fuel tank will be. Also sense my engine is an industrial I was going to run some electric fans sense the fans for the industrial engines is huge. But it turns out that the dodge fan hub and fan will work with a of the industrial parts on the front so I've been getting that ready. Have not touched the truck in a couple months, almost done with school so I hope progress will pick back up soon. Also been thinking about putting a flat bed on this truck.

It was, but I decided to put a second gen radiator in it. I guess I did not post pictures of that. I'll get some new pictures of stuff soon and post them. Should be messing with it some time this week. A buddy of mine is sending me a custom water inlet because the stock industrial Inlet points down and I needed it to come out of the side but still be able to use it as a lower alternator mount.

very nice fab work. I would love to build a truck like this one day

You have done some nice work. I like the release for the goose neck.

Keep it up . I want to see this thing rolling.

Looks fantastic I'm getting ready to start the same conversion in my 83 srw crew cab will def borrow some ideas!!!

Thanks guys!

are you done yet?

Not yet. Finished school and got a new job so that will speed some things up. Working on some other things right now. Should be done with them pretty soon.

Well I messed with the truck a little bit. Here is a picture of the second gen radiator setting close to where it needs to be. It needs to move up a little bit. But I'm not sure what kind of hood clearance I have so I will finish mounting it up once I get the body back on the frame. Sorry for the picture, my phone and photobucket get confused and upload them sideways and I have no way to rotate the pictures after upload on my phone.

8587026F-8A00-4564-A1D1-10F9901CF937-3019-00000224715A8814_zpsb50f0635.jpg

Here you can see the new water inlet. Still need to weld a bung in the side for a heater hose to hook up to.

E8EBD75F-C314-45EA-BF6B-56548C3E1BD1-3019-000002251C35C44A_zpsb1970f91.jpg

I have a 79 CC Chevy with a 12 valve, you will definetly benifit from boxing the frame, I had to go back and do it later. Also, for pulling an engine driven fan is better than electric IMHO

Awesome job so far

I have a 79 CC Chevy with a 12 valve, you will definetly benifit from boxing the frame, I had to go back and do it later. Also, for pulling an engine driven fan is better than electric IMHO

Awesome job so far

Thanks man! I need to get back on this project. Have not had much time to work on anything and when I do I'm usually doing some things to my 08 mega cab that I got a couple months ago.

D6C1846C-3A02-4FA9-8218-D4ACE5D904A6_zpsmx1jfsjq.jpg

Back