86 Fummins Build

not to derail, but whos got the 90's chevy in the back ground, looks good with a sas under the front.

Looks like you've got your work cut out for ya! Keep pluggin at it.

I sure do!

Sorry to hear about the critter condo, at least it was not used as a trotline weight before you got it.
If you have time vinigar is a hell of a rust remover.
good luck with the motor. Looks like you are missing a few parts. I have some medium duty parts like t-stat HOUSING, water inlet, fan, and ac mount. If you can make um work they are yours.

Thanks Jakob, yeah it could have been worse. I have to try the vinegar thanks! Im definitely missing all those parts, im sure I could make those work, what do you want for them?

not to derail, but whos got the 90's chevy in the back ground, looks good with a sas under the front.

Thats my buddy Tylers truck, its a real clean truck.

More progress, After using a torch, hydraulic pressure, hammers, and prybars I finally got all the pistons out the engine. The walls of cylinders 1 and 5 are definitely rough, Im positive Ill have to go .040 over to clean them up.

I got everything hot tanked and got the head and exhaust manifold shot blasted. The head will definitely need new valve seats and guides and probably about .015 taken off the deck to clean that up.

Here are some pics, hope to start boring and honing tomorrow, align hone first if necessary but all the mains look real nice

Block hot tanked:
IMG_20121025_115329.jpg

Head and manifold shot blasted
IMG_20121025_103321.jpg

You can see where the surface of the head is ate up
IMG_20121025_103343.jpg

IMG_20121025_103336.jpg

Got an international block
IMG_20121025_115321.jpg

Parts:
IMG_20121025_094235.jpg

Junk Pistons:
IMG_20121025_094223.jpg

Got a whole brazil engine
IMG_20121025_094217.jpg

Matt,
Just swing by and pick them up.LOL

I will try to get some pictures so you can see what I have and if you still want them. You pay for their ride and you got them.

Congrats on the IH block well worth the price you paid.

Matt,
Just swing by and pick them up.LOL

I will try to get some pictures so you can see what I have and if you still want them. You pay for their ride and you got them.

Congrats on the IH block well worth the price you paid.

LOL I feel like thats a little out of the way to just swing by, but yeah pictures would be great, thanks!

And yeah for the price I cant beat.

That's lookin better!

Yeah its starting to get there, Im just ready to get started on the machining monday.

Two sweet Fummins...I am very jealous! You have the coolest projects man!

I think we all are jealous!.. his old king ranch project i tuned into just about every day! finally just about got mine done and cant tell ya how much information was usable for me!

Matt,
heres a pic of the parts I have. You can see the water inlet that turns down and has part of the alt bracket on it, the t-stat housing inlet that points straight up with the upper part of the alt bracket attached to it. The Idler pulley, The fan is center mounted kinda high and the A/C mount is above that (I have the fan and clutch as well), the A/C is driven by a seperate pulley on the fan and seperate belt. I have the Alt laying around here too. and if you want the beast of an a/c compressor it is yours too.
The last pic is of the intake horn I have

Attachments

• DSC00529.jpg
    DSC00529.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00219.jpg
    DSC00219.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00224.jpg
    DSC00224.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 0
Two sweet Fummins...I am very jealous! You have the coolest projects man!

Thanks I appreciate it!

I think we all are jealous!.. his old king ranch project i tuned into just about every day! finally just about got mine done and cant tell ya how much information was usable for me!

Thanks man! Im glad it was able to be helpful as well

Matt,
heres a pic of the parts I have. You can see the water inlet that turns down and has part of the alt bracket on it, the t-stat housing inlet that points straight up with the upper part of the alt bracket attached to it. The Idler pulley, The fan is center mounted kinda high and the A/C mount is above that (I have the fan and clutch as well), the A/C is driven by a seperate pulley on the fan and seperate belt. I have the Alt laying around here too. and if you want the beast of an a/c compressor it is yours too.
The last pic is of the intake horn I have

I will definitely take the water inlet and alt. bracket as well as t start housing. Let me know what I would owe you for shipping, thanks Jakob!

I will definitely take the water inlet and alt. bracket as well as t start housing. Let me know what I would owe you for shipping, thanks Jakob!

Not to derail your thread but from my swap the easiest simple way is this configuration just my $.02
IMAG0166.jpg

What parts are they?
I've found a used a/c mount that puts the factory ford comp on the cummins, however it looks like there is no room for a belt between the fan and other pulleys.
I was originally going to use the dodge compressor but don't know if it will fit.

Not to derail your thread but from my swap the easiest simple way is this configuration just my $.02
IMAG0166.jpg

That looks like everything fits in there real nice, Im not gonna run AC in this truck but Ill use that for reference, thanks!

That is gonna be one of the sickest fummins I've seen in a good while

Thank you!

Good looking truck! Wish my bed was that straight, keep up the work

Thanks! Yeah luckily everything is pretty straight on the truck

Little more progress today

I checked all the main bores today and they were all right in spec so no align honing needed. I checked the cylinder bores as well, it looks .020 may clean them up but I ran out of time to start honing today.

I also got the crank all polished up and then threw it on the balancer and got it perfectly balanced. I also weighed all the rods and got them balanced as well.

After polishing
IMG_20121029_090701.jpg

Crank all balanced, dont mind my friends hand
IMG_20121029_114801.jpg

Matt, give me your zip so I can get a shipping cost for you. These parts might be small enough to send it in a flat rate box also. I just need to get the time to go out and get the parts together. Have not had the time, I have been building holloween costumes for the kids all week end.

Wow, that's a sweet F-150! You're doing great work on the axle swaps! Keep up the great work on it man!

Thanks! Im anxious to get back to finishing the front axle on the truck, which should hopefully be soon!

Matt, give me your zip so I can get a shipping cost for you. These parts might be small enough to send it in a flat rate box also. I just need to get the time to go out and get the parts together. Have not had the time, I have been building holloween costumes for the kids all week end.

Sounds great, no worries I know halloween with kids has to be pretty busy, my zip is 45850

I also just went out and took the AFC off the p pump and the delivery valves out and what I was worried about was true, the pump is junk

The whole governor housing is full of sludge and everything is rusty, the delivery valves are rusted to the holders, the plungers are rusty. Time to find a new pump
DSC01258.jpg

DSC01256.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

Back