Need advice on building a Quick Diesel 12.00 truck.

Well I got the track tonight. Got my lockup switch and some better tires and ran a 12.54. Left the line at 15psi with locking the converter in the middle of 2nd gear. I think I am going to call Forced Inductions next week and talk to them about upgrading to a 69 billet wheel. Once I get my rear end rebuilt and come caltracs I think I will be ready to run Quick Diesel next year.

What was your MPH on your best run?

Also, post up your 1/8 mile ET and MPH.

From what i heard the best run had a 1.70 60ft and i believe mph was 106 on the first 12.5x pass. Not sure on the 1/8 though

Here is the layout of my best pass

60ft-1.69
330ft-5.10
594ft-7.42
1/8-7.94
1/8 mph- 85.69
1/4-12.54
1/4 mph- 106.17

Sorry it took so long to respond. We are in the fields finally so I have been pretty busy. That pass was at a 15psi launch, 28 psi tire pressure, Pmetric street tires, and pretty cool outside temp.

You definitely need more horsepower to run 12.0 consistently. You're not going to consistently improve your 1.69 60' time, even with suspension work, I don't see much better than 1.65's with your current power level.

How much boost are you pushing now? Do you have the ability to push your current turbo harder and get a little more boost out of it? I'm thinking about 5-7 more psi and you'll have 12.0's.

I don't know if I can push my 465 any more then where it is at. I can make 60 psi on that charger. Chase I have been meaning to pm you about parts.

Right now I am having an internal battle. Part of me says to send off my charger and have it redone with bigger wheels, housing etc. Another part of me says to just outright buy another charger and keep the 465 as a spare or sell to recoop some money. Last part says build a set of twins utilizing my 465. I cant make up my mind on what I want to do. I have small things I am going to do over the next couple of months to get the truck ready i.e rebuild rear end, cal tracs, radials, wheels, and finally some more weight reduction.

Hopefully by the first of the year I have some idea about what I want to do with my air so I have time to get it on before the season starts.

So winter is coming and I need to get some parts rounded up for next season. Top 3 things I need to do is 1. Get a flexplate, still running the stocker. What flexplate would you guys recommend? 2. Rearend needs work. Do I lock it or just throw a rebuild kit in it? 3. Caltracs (sp). Are they worth spending the money on? I did decide that I want to build set of twins with my existing 465 charger, but haven't looked into the secondary charger. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle.

I'd run a billet Flexplate
I'd put a locker in the rear end
Clatracs Work very well for how cheap they are
Your 465 is to small IMO for a Atmoshpere charger. If you got the fuel and Engine for it, then I'd use the 465 as a secondary, And get something big for the Primary(488,591,595)

Sorry I meant to say my 465 as my primary(small charger). Last night was an early night off work but still tired when I wrote that message. Where is the best place to look at caltracs? Any differents brands, kinds, styles etc?

You are not going to want a huge primary charger in a 12.0 truck. You simply dont need it. 465 with an external gate and spray or a set of smaller twins such as a 62/68 S476 setup.

Back