Need advice on building a Quick Diesel 12.00 truck.

Do a search under my name for some of my old vids with the previous ED 468.

Also, again on my 12v so keep this in mind, unless I launch at 20+psi the truck is a fricken turd off the line.

Same charger I'm running and I can't launch with no more than 15lbs or I do the 4-wheel peel---on drag radials. Different trucks all together though. It's been a great charger for me.

Also, again on my 12v so keep this in mind, unless I launch at 20+psi the truck is a fricken turd off the line. You need to be launching at higher boost imho unless as you've indicated traction problems prevent doing so.
More boost off the line is not going to get it done with traction it will help sure, but by itself no way.

Am I off track here? You guys running around 12's don't 60' any better than a 1.6-1.7 do you?

I'm just looking at it from the angle of .1 off the 60' is worth .2 at the big end. I know there's more to it than that, but with a bunch of runs around the same e.t. and trap it seems to hold pretty true.

Same charger I'm running and I can't launch with no more than 15lbs or I do the 4-wheel peel---on drag radials. Different trucks all together though. It's been a great charger for me.

Depends on your converter and track prep certainly but that sounds like a pretty loose track. I was on regular ole toyo highway terrains cuttin mid 1.7s on a track which really is not that great honestly. I am on 4.10s which should equate to more wheel spin than 3.54s due to more tq multiplication. Hard to say what exactly is going on there. My truck was lowered when I ran those times but then again i've run similar 60' times with 35" 80lb tires not lowered.

More boost off the line is not going to get it done with traction it will help sure, but by itself no way.

Am I off track here? You guys running around 12's don't 60' any better than a 1.6-1.7 do you?

I'm just looking at it from the angle of .1 off the 60' is worth .2 at the big end. I know there's more to it than that, but with a bunch of runs around the same e.t. and trap it seems to hold pretty true.

I don't agree atleast in my truck. My truck does not take off boost wise to over 20psi. If I tried to launch at 15 pounds it falls on its face. I haven't had much time on the looser converter but i've found better 60's by launching at 25+ psi.

I ran 12.07 with a mid 1.7' 60'. MPH was only 110.6 but with 4.10 gears I was out of my power band by the time I crossed the traps.

average mid 1.7 60' on a 12.0 pass. Out of curiosity is it blowing the tires off at the get or does it lung then lite the tires? Im wondering if your either one hitting the chassis hard enough to transfer weight good enough or so much so your unloading the front...

It is 4wd right? Never did see you say for sure.

I can 60' in the 1.65 range, but that usually equates to me lifting pretty early on the big end so I'm not breaking out. Mid to high 1.7X seems best for me. I'm running small tires (28.8"), so I'm also running out of RPM before I hit the traps. 113MPH is all I can muster with a pump (VP44) that can't push past 3200 RPM. :doh:

Yes I am a 4x4. I need to get to the track and get some videos of the truck so I can post them. My converter stall is 300 higher then stock I believe. I am not sure what elevation the runs were made at.

My 11.96 @ 6000lbs was 1.66 60ft, 7.5x eight mile and 110mph on the big end. That was with slicks and a 66mm
CompD Mobile Device

Yes I am a 4x4. I need to get to the track and get some videos of the truck so I can post them. My converter stall is 300 higher then stock I believe. I am not sure what elevation the runs were made at.

This part of Ohio is in the 500' range of elevation.
It will be hard to get a decent video with all that smoke, Kyle. haha j/k
Come up to Norwalk in 2 weeks, we'll be there for the Friday night Test n' tune and we'll have our camera.

I will try to Lynn. We might be in the fields so I will have to play it by ear. Oh and there isn't that much smoke lol. I had the truck out today doing some 40 rolls and watching the smoke and it isn't bad at all. Got my bumper and hitch off today. Ordering a roll pan tomorrow and hopefully this week get my crank seal replaced and get the truck lowered.

Mine when it was 12.0 or so was right around there with Elliotbs. 66mm silverbullet, 35in a/t 1.67 60 and around 6700lb. Id have to check my log and see what the mph was.

Kyle il be over at logans sometime this week to finish pulling my trans. Bring the truck over now that we got the other issues worked out and we can work on tuning a little more. It should be faster the way it sits...

I see your selling the 465 on another site, you going with twins? You need tires in a bad way, I can cut high 1.6s with my heavy ars truck on my nitto 420s.

Im going to buy a set of wheels and drag radials. Hobie we are lowering the truck right now and hopefully the crank seal this week. I want to run at MCIR next friday.

Im going to buy a set of wheels and drag radials. Hobie we are lowering the truck right now and hopefully the crank seal this week. I want to run at MCIR next friday.

They (MCIR) ever get their scoreboard lights working? I went early this year and they STILL didn't have them working from the previous year. :bang

I might be interested in coming up next Friday if they are. I'd like to see what it'll do running all out, with maybe a little juice. :evil

Joel make the haul up to Norwalk and run at a real race track. haha we'll be there October 7th for the friday night test n tune.

They (MCIR) ever get their scoreboard lights working? I went early this year and they STILL didn't have them working from the previous year. :bang

I might be interested in coming up next Friday if they are. I'd like to see what it'll do running all out, with maybe a little juice. :evil

They had them working earlier this summer. I can't remember the date, but they did work.

Joel make the haul up to Norwalk and run at a real race track. haha we'll be there October 7th for the friday night test n tune.

Now there's an idea!! Maybe I can convince Tim to keep his truck here for that long and head up there. Norwalk makes me think I've shelled driveline parts every time I launch.

Well I got the track tonight. Got my lockup switch and some better tires and ran a 12.54. Left the line at 15psi with locking the converter in the middle of 2nd gear. I think I am going to call Forced Inductions next week and talk to them about upgrading to a 69 billet wheel. Once I get my rear end rebuilt and come caltracs I think I will be ready to run Quick Diesel next year.

Well I got the track tonight. Got my lockup switch and some better tires and ran a 12.54. Left the line at 15psi with locking the converter in the middle of 2nd gear. I think I am going to call Forced Inductions next week and talk to them about upgrading to a 69 billet wheel. Once I get my rear end rebuilt and come caltracs I think I will be ready to run Quick Diesel next year.

What was your 60'?

Back