"The 2.6 right now is 3.0 undercover."

Gotta be honest, I am not a fan of "let's wait and see on how much needs changed after that."

Constant money spending, never knowing where you'll end up. Some guy screams louder than you and gets it changed to 2.5" with X and Y and Z...what a bunch of crap. Good times for parts suppliers though!

You should move in a direction with a rule set you think you can stand on for 3 years.

:thankyou2:

Work on allowing 2.5 chargers in WS instead of stock and let them play there.

So...I hear another vote for "leave the rules alone and get to work on your junk".

Never stated my position on the rules, quite frankly I dont care. Im gonna do what it takes to be competitive. If they say we cant run windshield wipers guess ill use rain-x, ya feel me. I do think it would help the sport grow when a person with a budget of the average joe to be able to build off of what they have done the year before instead of having to change their setup every year to be legal. The way it is now you almost have to have two or three chargers to pull in his area with different sanctioning bodies and be competitive. The more rules there are the more money it takes to stay on top.

We can completely castrate the 2.6 guys this year and there will be *****in next year also. You will never satisfy everybody that has been proven throughout history over and over.

:clap:
I agree with the 3 year lock down, this changing rules every year isn't helping anyone but the parts suppliers. You don't see the tractor and gas guys changing all these rules every year.

The BOB rules next year are suppose to call for at least 1/8" protrusion, at least 3/4" of the bore before the wheel to be 2.6" and the MWE to be no more than 1/4".

From what I understand most of the trucks at the beginning of the season didn't meet this rule(that's perfectly fine too since they are for 2011). But also I know several have already made the switch for next year it seems, and it shows on the track

-Michael

LOL dont worry they done have there rules set for next year but like u and others this topic will b 1000 pages long and still trying to figure out what to do LOL

BOB can have whatever rules they want, that's fine. I'm more concerned with the national direction. It sounds like the BOB guys are very happy with the rule twiddling...so...have fun with that.

I have 3 chargers sitting on the bench...just trying to figure out which one is going to be the prime candidate for our neck of the woods.

I do think it would help the sport grow when a person with a budget of the average joe to be able to build off of what they have done the year before instead of having to change their setup every year to be legal. The way it is now you almost have to have two or three chargers to pull in his area with different sanctioning bodies and be competitive. The more rules there are the more money it takes to stay on top.

I agree with what you're saying, but I don't think 2.6 is "average joe" land any more, no matter how you cut it. Even with no MWE, protrude, and single 33" tires, etc., we're waaaay down the road past "average Joe".

Average Joe needs to be thinking work stock. If they could somehow get that class to allow limited aftermarket chargers, I think it would open it up a lot. Even still though, WS is gonna be ~ 600 HP....kinda pushing "average joe" as well. OK, so maybe forget the aftermarket chargers.....I dunno...

I'm with you on doing whatever it takes to run well, but I'll still ask, what is having multiple rule sets doing for anyone, except driving their cost way up? Multiple rule sets ARE the evil!

FPP Techs told me They want a big rule change. They also said theres a bunch cry babies who dont want to hook at the there local fairs due to the strong running trucks that show up. The one tech told me that a protrusion rule will tame the class down. What they dont know, or neglect to see is that half of the trucks that are winning already have a protruding wheel. Same competiters that are currently winning are still gonna dominate!

There are some really tough trucks Here in NE Ohio and its hard to win.
I like the cometition and it only pushes me harder to think outside the box and build my truck stronger with the current rules

Xzillionbillion.

Protrude rule with no other changes = no changes, except some guys will have to take their wheels to the barber.

If you're gonna limit tires, limit size, not quantity, track width, brand, load range, color, pressure, etc...

Dually's get 235/75/16 or 235/70/17 all the way around max size
SRW 315/75/16 or 315/70/16 max size.

That's it, the new limiter is tire pressure....80 in the front and 10 in the rear.

Not one additional dime spent by anyone :hehe:

Dually's get 235/75/16 or 235/70/17 all the way around max size
SRW 315/75/16 or 315/70/17 max size.

Sounds good in theory, was the 2.6" class @ Scheid not won with a 245 dual all the way around? It would be easier for quite a few to adopt a single tire, then buy 4-6 new tires, of smaller diameter, and switch the gear or ratio they use now.

Sounds good in theory, was the 2.6" class @ Scheid not won with a 245 dual all the way around? It would be easier for quite a few to adopt a single tire, then buy 4-6 new tires, of smaller diameter, and switch the gear or ratio they use now.

Well, if a truck with 245s can win at Scheid- then why is it necessary to try an limit tire size? If 245s are shown to be able to beat 35s then what is the purpose of adding new rules and new costs? Just my opinion- Steven

Well, if a truck with 245s can win at Scheid- then why is it necessary to try an limit tire size? If 245s are shown to be able to beat 35s then what is the purpose of adding new rules and new costs? Just my opinion- Steven

90% of winning Scheid is track position.

A good truck could win @ scheid w/ Lt215/85R16 as long as they were last hook in the class:woohoo:

I believe 2.6" protrusion, T4 housing, and a single 35" tire is a completely reasonable compromise between the people wanting to leave the class alone or bring it down considerably.

I think this would be very reasonable. However, without the word NATIVE (on the wheel) or something else to keep the clipped wheel and crazy covers out, it is worthless. Remember the idea in the beginning was 2.6 wheels NOT 2.6 bores. The tires dont really bother me either, if you wanna run 40"s then do it. More importantly is unified rules, I dont care if the rules stay the same to accomplish that, Ill be ready either way.

Back