chevy 6.5 performance

Stock injector pump? I know one thing for sure, if i had made a 400 hp run with a 6.5 i would have gotten my dyno sheet for a souvenir.

I did a couple in the past the first one I used all original parts, put back exactly the same way with new rings, bearings, seals etc and the engine fell apart after 4000miles, and I was stumped, honestly stumped,

built another one, but sent the crank with everything to get balanced, the Machineshop even put the pistons and con rods in the exact same position as I pulled them, put on the balancer even, and it was out of balance big time,

So I would say the assemblies are out of balance and you have to balance them with bushings and rings installed

Sent from my smartass phone

Never had a failure. I'm actually a big fan of the 6.5. I would never own one in a heavy duty application like a crewcab, but in a bronco or something of that size I prefer them over most. People would be surprised what a pepped up 6.5 can do with a holset or even a t04b and an intelligent builder.

mine is still gm bottem end. ive just pulled the top end off did the stud kit,muti-layer head gaskets and port and polished the heads and intake.
my granddad owned the truck before me and it was babied unless i drove it and cleaned it out. i rarely full throttel it since ive done the top end because im worried about the bottem end im run arp con rod bolts and stud the bottem end and add a girtle.
ive had problems on 6.5s with not balancing assembly when adding new pistons.
mine would shake a little on uper rpm but added a fluid dampner solved that issue.

Stock injector pump? I know one thing for sure, if i had made a 400 hp run with a 6.5 i would have gotten my dyno sheet for a souvenir.
injection pump modified by sulfer springs injection. its probly still in the glove box. wating on some of you cummins nguys to say need to paint it on the tailgate or back glass

You might be suprised how many of us own vehicles with a 6.2 or 6.5... some not even close to stock anymore.

mine did this..
564795_3563726005391_1529359204_n.jpg

We have converted a couple 6.5s from electronic to mechanical and all of them was 4l80e. Only thing we did was modify the factory throttle pedal to keep the electronics and hook a cable up for the mechanical pump.

Back