Painting my truck, with pics

Sure would be nice if cummins724 would get his truck into the Power diesel magazine...alot of hours went into restoring that truck...Keep the votes coming..

Tools

Its an old thread but...
Nice job you have done.
Maybe you can tell a little about the tools you have used? Spray gun, sanders etc. Have paint some motorcycle and a car, but its 10 years now.
Have plans to do a paint work on my cummins and my old Mercedes 450se (diesel conv) an shall buy some new tools.
Best regards
Anders Nilsson
Sweden

Its an old thread but...
Nice job you have done.
Maybe you can tell a little about the tools you have used? Spray gun, sanders etc. Have paint some motorcycle and a car, but its 10 years now.
Have plans to do a paint work on my cummins and my old Mercedes 450se (diesel conv) an shall buy some new tools.
Best regards
Anders Nilsson
Sweden
Thank you. I did most of the sanding by hand using 600 grit wet sandpaper. The rockers got sandblasted & then coated with Picklex before spraying epoxy primer over the entire truck prior to Urethane primer & paint. For primer, I used a Napa suction feed gun [$30 gun & sprays very well]. For my basecoat, I used Devillbiss finishline HVLP with 1.3 fluid nozzle tip, then for clearcoat I used a 1.5 fluid nozzle tip. :Cheer:

Back