Texas Diesel Nationals April 10th 2010

I see a make a wish foundation tee shirt in there can NHRDA give the story behind that?

Good to see some of the kids getting up close to see the trucks and drivers!!

Thats awesome...

Great event everyone it was good to meet a bunch of new faces and catch up with old freinds.

I had a meeting with the Motorplex today and we are looking at adding a Sled Pull to this event in 2011. :cheer:

I know the highlight of the event for me was spending time with the Make A Wish kids , I have recieved emails from all the parents that wanted to thank everyone at the motorplex for going out of your way to make these kids have a great time.

Man If you all could have seen their faces when they climbed behind the wheel of Dr P and the Dirty Max it was priceless and for a couple of hours those kids forgot all about the struggles they put up with everyday. I tell you what it really makes you appreciate how good we all really have it.

As a matter of fact the Indianapolis chapter has already contacted us and we are working having kids at the FASS Diesel Nationals.

Again thanks to everyone that made this event a success and yet another step towards the 1st ever NHRDA World Finals in September.

I posted some of these before, but worth posting again. These are all of my personal pictures of the Make A Wish kids. But the smile in these was worth the trip. This is later in the day and this little girl was still ready to get in Ryan's beast. No fear at all, just a big smile.

12-110410120247-0.jpeg

12-110410120248-0.jpeg

12-180410230252.jpeg

12-110410120249-0.jpeg

There are a few good photos of the Make-a-Wish kids on the NHRDA site. I'll look later and post links.

Back