Texas Diesel Nationals April 10th 2010

Goes by Goob on Cummins Forum. You'll never see that truck go all out. He only goes fast enough to beat whoever he is racing. That's the way goob is. He does alot of street racing around the Siloam Springs Arkansas Area. Truck should run mid 10's easy but i think his fastest at Ennis was an 11.12? Don't know his fastest time though. Truck is a total sleeper. Can't hardly see the cage in the cab with the dark tint, and you'll never see the hood open on it. All i know is it has dual cp3s and twin turbos and he's on his something like 5th ATS tranny. I know he was having converter issues in texas, said the converter was too tight.

Man sounds like u mite know me little to well lol we will just say neither of the two Fords scared my junky Dodge any lol but I guess ATS had other plans for me lol

Man sounds like u mite know me little to well lol we will just say neither of the two Fords scared my junky Dodge any lol but I guess ATS had other plans for me lol
LOL yeah i didn't expect them too scare ya much.... Time to ditch the ATS if they won't warranty it go with a different builder! We will ever see you make an "all out" pass? :hehe:

My truck is a CC/SB, but that was me that ran through the coolant! It was a pretty wild ride. I looked back at the data log from that run. I was going 96 MPH, and the tires broke loose on the 4-5 shift. Before I cold lift, the tires were spinning at 135 MPH. I wasn't sure if it looked as bad as it felt inside the truck.

Hey man,

Sry about turning the track into an ice skating rink. Like Dex said the serp belt broke and hit the rad hose. Im glad you didnt hit the wall, I was doing everything possible to get them to call down to the line and make sure yall didnt make a pass. I figured me honking with my lights flashing would of been a good sign that something was wrong.

Once again sry!

All in all it was a good event! Thanks!

Dieselwrecker do you drive the corvette on the road as well as race it, just wondering because that would be bad a to see on the road.

When I was in the back of the staging lanes waiting for the guys to get done cleaning the track so I could redo my qualifying pass, I walked up checking out the other trucks in the staging lanes. I saw your bar and kinda figured you had something going on under the hood. I guess your problems had already started because I think you had a low 13 second pass, and it looked like you were having trouble getting it spooled (lots of smoke). Good luck getting it fixed. I'm a big fan of sleeper trucks :D

Hey man,

Sry about turning the track into an ice skating rink. Like Dex said the serp belt broke and hit the rad hose. Im glad you didnt hit the wall, I was doing everything possible to get them to call down to the line and make sure yall didnt make a pass. I figured me honking with my lights flashing would of been a good sign that something was wrong.

Once again sry!

No worries man; it isn't your fault. It is the job of the track officials to catch when someone oils the track.

Hey man,

Once again sry!

In the future, if you (anyone) have an issue and you think you are leaking fluids, stop and get to the side, don't continue down the track. This will contain the leak to a smaller area and bring it to everyone's attention that there is a problem.

When I was in the back of the staging lanes waiting for the guys to get done cleaning the track so I could redo my qualifying pass, I walked up checking out the other trucks in the staging lanes. I saw your bar and kinda figured you had something going on under the hood. I guess your problems had already started because I think you had a low 13 second pass, and it looked like you were having trouble getting it spooled (lots of smoke). Good luck getting it fixed. I'm a big fan of sleeper trucks

what bar are you talking about

ahh...you know my little white 2wd scared you .. nice meeting you man!!

mike

In the future, if you (anyone) have an issue and you think you are leaking fluids, stop and get to the side, don't continue down the track. This will contain the leak to a smaller area and bring it to everyone's attention that there is a problem.

Chris, I beleive he didn't know about the belt, till it happened At the 1000 ft mark throwing the rad hose off. Not really any way to know if the serpentine belt will break till it goes.

Chris, I beleive he didn't know about the belt, till it happened At the 1000 ft mark throwing the rad hose off. Not really any way to know if the serpentine belt will break till it goes.

I totally understand that, the point I am trying to make is .... Once you know you have a problem, get to the side and stop as soon as you safely can.

We had an incident few years back where a guy in a big truck blew an engine about half track and drove it all the way to the pits draining oil. It shut the track down for 4 hours because they would not go back to racing till every drop of oil was cleaned up. I am not trying to find fault with anyone, just trying to remind everyone of the proper procedure when things go boom.

I have been on both sides of that fence. I had a pass little over a year ago where I had the wheel turned a good bit to the right to keep the truck straight. I noticed that it was weird, but drove it out the back door at 116mph. Turns out I had blown the EGT prob out and burnt a hole in the heater hose, putting just enough water on the tires to make it loose.

Not pointing fingers, simply taking an opportunity to educate those that don't know what to do when things go wrong.

I missed all that excitement...glad to hear that everyone was ok. Chris thanks for sharing some advice, and I hope someone will keep that in mind...as I'm sure they'll have a TON of things going through their mind in a situation like that.

The event was great...it was good to see Randy & Stacy again...Chris and Robin, Dean and his wife...I talked with Matt shortly, but not really sure who he is..LOL..any ways..it was a great event, and I'm glad I was a part of it...hell my sales rep was shocked to see what was all there...he told me as he was leaving that if there is a next year...he want's to be there...LOL

LOL yeah i didn't expect them too scare ya much.... Time to ditch the ATS if they won't warranty it go with a different builder! We will ever see you make an "all out" pass? :hehe:
Oh they always replace them I just get tired of pull n it out lol. I guess I should have tried it out before I raced it down there but I didn't want to take the chance on break n it before I got there and I already knew what it would run. So I just thought everything was ok but I thought wrong

Dieselwrecker do you drive the corvette on the road as well as race it, just wondering because that would be bad a to see on the road.

Yeah, we drive it on the street a little. Once I have head lights and functioning turn signals, we'll drive it more on the street.

When I was in the back of the staging lanes waiting for the guys to get done cleaning the track so I could redo my qualifying pass, I walked up checking out the other trucks in the staging lanes. I saw your bar and kinda figured you had something going on under the hood. I guess your problems had already started because I think you had a low 13 second pass, and it looked like you were having trouble getting it spooled (lots of smoke). Good luck getting it fixed. I'm a big fan of sleeper trucks :D

No worries man; it isn't your fault. It is the job of the track officials to catch when someone oils the track.

Thanks man I ll have it fixed n no time ya it ran a 12 80 with a 30hp setting and I usually runs n the 11's on just that. Oh well I ll have it fixed by the next diesel race I'm go n to:Cheer:

Sorry WWM I can't pm u back I don't have enough post yet ya it gets hot I've been known for live n on the edge sometimes and fry n a piston or 2 lol
your not talking about that bar in ennis? Lmao

Great event everyone it was good to meet a bunch of new faces and catch up with old freinds.

I had a meeting with the Motorplex today and we are looking at adding a Sled Pull to this event in 2011. :cheer:

I know the highlight of the event for me was spending time with the Make A Wish kids , I have recieved emails from all the parents that wanted to thank everyone at the motorplex for going out of your way to make these kids have a great time.

Man If you all could have seen their faces when they climbed behind the wheel of Dr P and the Dirty Max it was priceless and for a couple of hours those kids forgot all about the struggles they put up with everyday. I tell you what it really makes you appreciate how good we all really have it.

As a matter of fact the Indianapolis chapter has already contacted us and we are working having kids at the FASS Diesel Nationals.

Again thanks to everyone that made this event a success and yet another step towards the 1st ever NHRDA World Finals in September.

Back