Texas Diesel Nationals April 10th 2010

My truck is a CC/SB, but that was me that ran through the coolant! It was a pretty wild ride. I looked back at the data log from that run. I was going 96 MPH, and the tires broke loose on the 4-5 shift. Before I cold lift, the tires were spinning at 135 MPH. I wasn't sure if it looked as bad as it felt inside the truck.

holy crap man i'm glad your alright. yeah i we all thought you were going to hit the wall or roll it or something, i had a terrible feeling in my stomach. It looked probably as worse as it was inside the cab. I should have videoed it. The good Lord was watching over you on saturday. So glad your alright. The whole crowd was yelling at one of the track officials that went up to pick something up about 100 ft. out about the coolant which we all thought was oil and he just waved at the whole crowd and walked back toward the line.

Anyways good job keeping it straight.
Dex

Had a great time this year. It was nice to see deranged make a pass. Now that you know it will hold together, time is going to start getting shaved quick.

JoshH- nice driving! The track officials did a great job this weekend but totally missed that spill somehow. That is how people get hurt or worse. Did you get a clean run in later?

Zach

We had a great time. Thanks to the NHRDA for another great event. We arrived around 5am saturday and managed to get 2 passes in before eliminations. We had our own gremlins but the car did make a 12.56 pass with no over drive, a blown cold pipe boot at the secondary charger, and the air shut off shut. It was nice to get it down the track again. We're on our way home now and looking at things needing to be done for TS. It was also nice to meet the new faces and to see the old ones as well.

Last edited:
Did the super secret tricks Brad was trying work? That's one hell of a 60 ft!

The tricks basically worked, but needed some fine tuning. We now have a whole lot more RPM to play with on the top end, but need to get the engine back to the power levels from earlier (before detuning to make the combination work). The truck was otherwise working really well.

Thanks to NHRDA and all the sponsors (especially MBRP who sponsors the DirtyMax as well as the whole racing series, and ISSPRO who let me work in a business trip around this race). I was grateful to be able to win both classes to hopefully give them some additional exposure for their committment to our sport. I suppose I should thank Enterprise Truck Rental as well, but they didn't know they were helping me ;)

As mentioned above, we had a great turnout, which was amazing considering the NHRA national event down in Houston at the same time.

Another great thing about the event was the "Make a Wish" foundation involvement. They brought a couple of kids to the track, and it looked like they were having a great time. Okay, one of them seemed to be terrified when his dad set him into the DirtyMax (probably afraid it would take off with him in it), but he seemed to be really enjoying himself otherwise. Seeing those kids really helps put things in perspective. I can't imagine the pain of being a parent whose child is going through so much at such a young age.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

A big thanks to the whole NHRDA crew for putting on another great event, the fan and spectator numbers looked to be way up from last year, thats a good sign for the event in upcoming years. Competitor numbers could be better but it will come in time, people have to get thier minds made up and get something built and not just talk about it. It's an odd nitch market thats growing quickly and gets a lot of attention. I fought new car bugs and major traction problems all day but had a blast trying to keep the go cart in one lane. Managed some personal best numbers dispite all the issues, 1.22 60'; 5.66 1/8th; 9.37 1/4 still on fuel and water. Also none of these 3 numbers were on the same pass, lol. Thanks again to everyone involved, see ya at the next one.
Ryan

That thing looked wicked when it would launch! :rockwoot:

Had a great time with all my diesel buds as usual. :D

JoshH- nice driving! The track officials did a great job this weekend but totally missed that spill somehow. That is how people get hurt or worse. Did you get a clean run in later?
Thanks. I'm just glad my truck is 4wd, or it could have ended up much worse. I ended up running a personal best in the finals. I did 11.13 @ 123.49

We had a great time. Finally got to see deranged and Ryans altered, both good guys and cool rides.
Thanks for the hospitality everyone.

who was the man in the grey quad cab cummins with the only up pipe on the end of the exhaust ran pretty quick i was wondering if he had a username on here

who was the man in the grey quad cab cummins with the only up pipe on the end of the exhaust ran pretty quick i was wondering if he had a username on here
What did that truck end up running? I didn't get to see him make a clean run.

The NHRDA wants to thank everyone that made the 2nd Annual Texas Diesel Nationals a succes. Our sponsors , vendors , competitors and spectators are what make these events to just keep getting bigger and bigger and everyone here at the NHRDA cant wait for next years 3rd Annual Texas Diesel Nationals.

Again Thanks to all the sponsors that supported this event

MBRP Exhaust
AFE Power
BD Diesel
Cyclone Diesel
Dr Performance
Edge Products
Elite Diesel
FASS Fuels
Jefferson State Diesel
Make A Wish Foundation
Optima Battery
Performance Converters
Power Flow
Snow Performance
South Bend
Texas Diesel Shop
Val Air Clutch
Amsoil
B&G Diesel Performance
Lubrication Specialty
Rays Transmission
One Shot Imaging
Jobe Performance

And congrats to our champions , and a special thanks to the parents for bringing their Make A Wish kids to the event so they could have fun and try to forget about the trials that life has dealt them and just enjoy a day of fun in the sun.

Texas-Winner-web.jpg

What did that truck end up running? I didn't get to see him make a clean run.
Goes by Goob on Cummins Forum. You'll never see that truck go all out. He only goes fast enough to beat whoever he is racing. That's the way goob is. He does alot of street racing around the Siloam Springs Arkansas Area. Truck should run mid 10's easy but i think his fastest at Ennis was an 11.12? Don't know his fastest time though. Truck is a total sleeper. Can't hardly see the cage in the cab with the dark tint, and you'll never see the hood open on it. All i know is it has dual cp3s and twin turbos and he's on his something like 5th ATS tranny. I know he was having converter issues in texas, said the converter was too tight.

Wife and I had a good time there. We didn't put down nearly the HP we wanted to, but, we barely got the turbo swap on Thursday, drove up Friday. It felt great on the highway, but, on the dyno it just didn't build much boost. Put down 377hp, but, was still putting down nearly 300HP at 148mph when I let up.

We did get 33MPG on the way home though! Used up alot of propane on that cruise though. Maybe $25 worth of propane, for 377 miles, and used 9.6 gallons of Diesel.

Merrick

We had a great time. Thanks to the NHRDA for another great event. We arrived around 5am saturday and managed to get 2 passes in before eliminations. We had our own gremlins but the car did make a 12.56 pass with no over drive, a blown cold pipe boot at the secondary charger, and the air shut off shut. It was nice to get it down the track again. We're on our way home now and looking at things needing to be done for TS. It was also nice to meet the new faces and to see the old ones as well.

P4100261.jpg

P4100265.jpg

It was nice talking to yall. I didn't get to see it go down the track, but seeing it in person.... It was amazing too see how neatly yall packed that Twin Turbo'd Cummins in there.... Very nice!

Merrick

Back