Texas Diesel Nationals April 10th 2010

A big thanks to the whole NHRDA crew for putting on another great event, the fan and spectator numbers looked to be way up from last year, thats a good sign for the event in upcoming years. Competitor numbers could be better but it will come in time, people have to get thier minds made up and get something built and not just talk about it. It's an odd nitch market thats growing quickly and gets a lot of attention. I fought new car bugs and major traction problems all day but had a blast trying to keep the go cart in one lane. Managed some personal best numbers dispite all the issues, 1.22 60'; 5.66 1/8th; 9.37 1/4 still on fuel and water. Also none of these 3 numbers were on the same pass, lol. Thanks again to everyone involved, see ya at the next one.
Ryan

It was a great time. Mother nature finally gave her blessing. I did not take many pictures, too busy with helping Michael most of the time. Here are are few that I did take. I have a few videos, once again not really time to set up and video anything right. I do have DeRanged's maiden track run and a few others. See if I can get those up to utube soon.

12-110410115849-0.jpeg

12-110410115850-0.jpeg

12-110410115851-0.jpeg

12-110410115855-0.jpeg

12-110410120242-0.jpeg

12-110410120243-0.jpeg

12-110410120244-0.jpeg

12-110410120245-0.jpeg

12-110410120246-0.jpeg

12-110410120247-0.jpeg

12-110410120248-0.jpeg

12-110410120249-0.jpeg

12-110410120250-0.jpeg

12-110410120251-0.jpeg

Thanks again to the Hot Rod Diesels crew. Michael offered from the very first pass Tim made to line up with Deranged. We talked on each hit about who was gonna do what as far as staging, etc even if it threw him off his game.
It's nice to have a friend in the next lane instead of someone trying to burn you down not to mention he lined up next to a brand new truck that could have done just about anything off the line.
Hat's off for that....it won't be forgotten.
Unless we wind up in eliminations with y'all. :evil LOL

Looks like good fun. I am shooting for the Bash on the Bayou I guess now.

I wish I cold have run that truck with the trophy on top of it LOL.

Great pics Jon

How many Pro Steet entries?

A big thanks to the whole NHRDA crew for putting on another great event, the fan and spectator numbers looked to be way up from last year, thats a good sign for the event in upcoming years. Competitor numbers could be better but it will come in time, people have to get thier minds made up and get something built and not just talk about it. It's an odd nitch market thats growing quickly and gets a lot of attention. I fought new car bugs and major traction problems all day but had a blast trying to keep the go cart in one lane. Managed some personal best numbers dispite all the issues, 1.22 60'; 5.66 1/8th; 9.37 1/4 still on fuel and water. Also none of these 3 numbers were on the same pass, lol. Thanks again to everyone involved, see ya at the next one.
Ryan

Awesome numbers congrads!

Thanks again to the Hot Rod Diesels crew. Michael offered from the very first pass Tim made to line up with Deranged. We talked on each hit about who was gonna do what as far as staging, etc even if it threw him off his game.
It's nice to have a friend in the next lane instead of someone trying to burn you down not to mention he lined up next to a brand new truck that could have done just about anything off the line.

No doubt, my first time to spend time with Michael and his crew. It wont be the last. Thanks so very much, it was awesome, and you guys made it even more so.

Well here is a video of the maiden launch of DeRanged. I need to change my video editing output I think.:doh:

I will try to get some more edited and uploaded this afternoon.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiMdg8WDvEU[/MEDIA]

Second DeRanged Track Run. Title has date wrong this was Friday night 4/09/10.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh-4q_Mypf8[/MEDIA]

Here is a video of the last two runs from Saturday that I have.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5PQMVyAxrg[/MEDIA]

No doubt, my first time to spend time with Michael and his crew. It wont be the last. Thanks so very much, it was awesome, and you guys made it even more so.

You're welcome :) Had a lot of fun and hope to meet up with y'all more in the future. I think you guys have a good combination there...looked like you had a great debut.

great event. I think this event will be HUGE next year. My truck is in pieces, but my gf got to make a few passes and we both had a blast.

Crowd looked really nice considering there is an NHRA race down the road... Congrats to everyone.

i enjoyed it better then last years, hopefully ill have my truck semi built for next year run great event all of around great job i hope belle chase is better then last year and as good as this one

Anybody get video of the Super Street class? I'd like to see some vids of my truck if anyone has any. I was in the dark blue crew cab Chevy.

Anybody get video of the Super Street class? I'd like to see some vids of my truck if anyone has any. I was in the dark blue crew cab Chevy.
That wasn't you in that Blue ex cab LB dmax? That truck was quick too!

Good thing you weren't in that green cc dmax that went ice skating on the top end. I bet he literally shat his pants. I felt bad for the guy, never saw him make another pass. I'm just glad he didn't lose it and hit the wall. I wish the track officials wouldve caught dovers trucks coolant spill on the top end when. His serpetine belt broke and ripped the radiator hose off. The whole crowd saw it and was yelling at them, yelling oil on track yet they somehow missed it and let him run. I was pretty shocked/mad when they didn't catch it. Just super glad he didn't crash.

But all in all I had a blast meeting old faces and making new friends. I can't wait for TS.

That wasn't you in that Blue ex cab LB dmax? That truck was quick too!

Good thing you weren't in that green cc dmax that went ice skating on the top end. I bet he literally shat his pants. I felt bad for the guy, never saw him make another pass. I'm just glad he didn't lose it and hit the wall. I wish the track officials wouldve caught dovers trucks coolant spill on the top end when. His serpetine belt broke and ripped the radiator hose off. The whole crowd saw it and was yelling at them, yelling oil on track yet they somehow missed it and let him run. I was pretty shocked/mad when they didn't catch it. Just super glad he didn't crash.

But all in all I had a blast meeting old faces and making new friends. I can't wait for TS.
My truck is a CC/SB, but that was me that ran through the coolant! It was a pretty wild ride. I looked back at the data log from that run. I was going 96 MPH, and the tires broke loose on the 4-5 shift. Before I cold lift, the tires were spinning at 135 MPH. I wasn't sure if it looked as bad as it felt inside the truck.

Back