Turbo Flow Rates

ugh, cant edit...

it's actualy closer to a 5 psi pressure drop as the air travels into the compressor inducer....

getting 90 #/min from a 60mm wheel will never happen, it will choke out LONG before that

i just didn't think it was right, not try to start anything, i do like those 6 blade hx40 billet compressors, just put one on a ISC the other day actually. i don't think there is a wheel of that size that has a better compressor map. and they sound so sweet when they are making boost!

regarding my post (#317) on the bottom turbo from a BD towing twins setup:

Borg Warner
S300S
D0407 231

Compressor housing marked 176049 (cast in #'s 055BS)
Turbine housing marked 173163 (cast # 668272)

any info available?

Found an S400. I think it's another 65mm inducer wheel 75 ex. With a 140 exhast housing. It's off a Mack. Anyone refresh me on how to figure exducer and inducer?

Found an S400. I think it's another 65mm inducer wheel 75 ex. With a 140 exhast housing. It's off a Mack. Anyone refresh me on how to figure exducer and inducer?

Sorry to revive this thread but anybody have any info on this turbo? just picked one of these up myself. It has the weird 3.5" 90 degree comp outlet. I will try to get some numbers off it when i can.

Thanks, josh

Not sure if this was posted or not

http://www.dieselperformance.com/productGraph/Turbocharger_Sizes-21.jpg

Turbocharger_Sizes-21.jpg

how do you compare maps for twins? i assume just try to match where the small turbo is coming out of its best efficiency and into the best efficiency of the big turbo? i am looking at doing HX55/HX82 twins or S472/S595 or 510.
Thanks

Back