Turbo Flow Rates

That map looks like someone pasted a turbo map onto an excel spread sheet. That bullseye link shows their 72mm S400 at 89 lbs per minute, good luck seeing 120lbs per minute, I think the S480 with race cover is around 117.

s480 is around 117 on its own, race cover gets you to around 125-130? I know a s475 with race cover moves around 117-119.

can some body tell me what charger i have its off a cummins big cam 1 is what i was told ? the plate dosnt say who makes it just has some numbers on it

Someone correct me if Im wrong but from the pics that looks like its a reverse flow from the normal stock or aftermarket turbos used on our trucks.
That's not a 4LHR turbo, Schwitzer used to make the 4LHR and it was a replacement for this turbo which is an old Cummins VT-50. early 70's vintage

So if I wanted something that flowed like a S510 but didn't want that dinosaur egg in my engine bay what other options? Who to buy from etc? Was just gonna do a modified big brotha

Oh come on.... the 510 isn't that big......... okay, it's kinda big.

Oh come on.... the 510 isn't that big......... okay, it's kinda big.

:hehe::hehe: yea sure, ive got one laying in the shop was gonna do a k31 over it, but going to look for a LIGHTER route, so trying to shop around for something new even if its expensive :bang

Turbonetics can you PM or post here the specs on the Edge BB Jammer? Do you even have those? Got the Turbonetics name on the comp housing. I really need to find the correct specs so I can tune my twins properly.

:hehe::hehe: yea sure, ive got one laying in the shop was gonna do a k31 over it, but going to look for a LIGHTER route, so trying to shop around for something new even if its expensive :bang

Ah come on.... it fits. You just have to remove the fender well, shock tower, battery, and some other non-needed items... :bang

It will be a few months,there will be some smaller covers available, S400 size, with the S500 cart 95,98 and some 100+ mm.

Has anyone here ran a "quick spool valve" like the one that sound performance makes?

36433.jpg

Has anyone here ran a "quick spool valve" like the one that sound performance makes?

36433.jpg

Check my 468 thread. I am currently selling it actually. I'm trying some other things and if that right offer came by i'd sell my 468 too to eventually get twins.

Turbonetics can you PM or post here the specs on the Edge BB Jammer? Do you even have those? Got the Turbonetics name on the comp housing. I really need to find the correct specs so I can tune my twins properly.

They are (or were) a Q trim T58

I think I figured it out, looking at my other Holset maps the Mass flow is all in kg/s NOT Lbs/m, So if we extrapolate from the hx40 map I have, it looks like it would flow ~90lbs/min which is about equal to a GT4294, which is about the same size charger, and as such would make sense.

HX40 Map for ref:

Hx40--6blades-1.jpg

This is my favorite HX40 wheel!!! It is the same one in my top turbo...

Does anyone have info on the bottom turbo from the BD towing twins kit?
I'm picking up one from a fellow member. He said someone at BD told him it was comparable to the Super B special... ~82 lb/min, with non-gated T4 exhaust housing

I would love more specs on the exhaust side and a compressor map too!!!!

(PS I called BD, but got no specifics on this particular model)

Attachments

• turbo 2.jpg
    turbo 2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
dvst8r - are you sure that the 60mm 6 blade hx40 wheel flows 90lbs. of air a min.??? that does not seem right, a borg warner 66mm wheel flows only 80lbs. a min? how the heck does a 6mm smaller wheel flow 10lbs. more a minute??? just curious if this is true....

Wes

that 60mm wheel flows 58-60 pounds a minute, and a 66mm wheel flows about 70 pounds per minute.

you can only suck (blow) so much through a hole with a 14.7 psi pressure drop.

Back