Turbo Flow Rates

I have one for you guys. Im buying the turbo zstroken had for sale, its based off of a borg warner, 88mm inducer 118mm exducer with a 88mm turbine. he said it says forced induction 1001 on it. anyone have any info or know where i could find anymore info on this kind of charger? Im looking to run it as a single charger

That unit last I heard flows 141 lbs/min. Makes big HP, but as a single...it will be TOUGH to get it to spool.

Anyone mounted the S510 compound setup in a 3rd gen yet? I've got an S480 to put under a HTT 66/71/16ss but after reading this entire thread... it seems the 510 is the way to go, but will it fit in my 2wd without bits and pieces sticking out?

Anyone mounted the S510 compound setup in a 3rd gen yet? I've got an S480 to put under a HTT 66/71/16ss but after reading this entire thread... it seems the 510 is the way to go, but will it fit in my 2wd without bits and pieces sticking out?

Ummm NO. A S510 is a gigantic turbo externally. Old school Generator cover on that thing. Might as well go with a Garrett Thumper or something else that flows more and takes less room.

I think this is a S510, could be wrong, though

dont remember who it was, sorry

CIMG0031.jpg

I think this is a S510, could be wrong, though

dont remember who it was, sorry

CIMG0031.jpg

Yup that is one of them......they are monster in size. Flow is 154 lbs/min as I have the comp map for one of the units. Alot of new units that have come out that flow more now with similar size wheels and even more flow with the new GT crap.

i would think the garret would outperform but ppl say its hard to get 550 out of it but ppl make over 600+ with the s300 everyday.

does anyone have a compressor map of a 64/71/14 and what is the lbs/min of each?

that looks like a Phat Bastard, isnt it like 160lbs/min

Correct phat bastard.....the map showed 154, or at least the map I saw. I visited the guys at Forced Inductions and they showed me the unit. Don't know how the hell anyone can fit the freaking thing anywhere. It was bigger then a freaking Garrett 106 thumper.....lol. Also it must have weighed around 80lbs or more. Comes off a Generator, so I can see why they wouldn't care about weight...:doh:

My goodness, I love this thread. Does CompD do stickies? This should go into somekind of techy area. It's in my favorites forever!

Onetun. He might not be on this board, but he is haveing an MPI twins set made with a 66 something over an S510.

Does anyone have compressor maps for Turbonetics stuff? They don't have them on their we site right now.

Any idea what the HP66, HP70 and HP72 flow?

here are some pics of the above stated Cummins 4LHR turbo. what do you guys think?

Compressor side
DSC04764.jpg

DSC04765.jpg

Turbine side
DSC04767.jpg

Exhaust housing
DSC04768.jpg

heres the gap that the exhaust flows into the turbine. I don't know how to figure cm2, but I took the diameter of the opening xpie, then multiplied that by the "gap" and came up with about 22cm2. is that about right or am I way off?
DSC04770.jpg

other pics
DSC04771.jpg

DSC04772.jpg

DSC04773.jpg

Someone correct me if Im wrong but from the pics that looks like its a reverse flow from the normal stock or aftermarket turbos used on our trucks.

I just picked up a GT4294 standard journal bearing turbo from my brother for free... Was used on an evo, made 700+hp on that, but with a ton of lag. I believe it has the 1.01 A/R T housing, I'm going to get some more specs on it today for sure, I don't have it around, still at the shop.

I want to use it on a hot rod street 12v. as a single. I'm thinking I'm going to need to change the ex. housing and wheel to a different trim with a tighter housing, like maybe a .9 something, but I dont see any for sale...

Anyone have a lead on some custom parts for one of these? I dont think I can just put a GT40 T housing on it or something, but who knows...

Back