Turbo Flow Rates

Jff24Gordn said:
With enough body lift anything is possible.
But why dont yawl get a big charger off of a big detroit. You will get enough air to think maybe that 150psi boost gauge wasn't enough. Then you will have $$$ left to fix the truck.
But damn, what did those 510s come on, I need to get junkyarding for one or 2. My little 85mm garret is feeling jealous.
The Detroit series 60 come with a gt 42 & they have been shipping us a K31 as a replacement for over a year.

those are pretty big exhaust housing k31s, if im not mistaken? the A/R number slips my mind

citydiesel.net sells them as "hot rod" turbos for detroits. i was looking into one as a single a few months back but couldnt ever get enough info on them. $925 with 12 month/100,000 warranty

DART505 said:
The Detroit series 60 come with a gt 42 & they have been shipping us a K31 as a replacement for over a year.
I was referring to an old 2 stroke motor. they put some nice turbos on them. Mine came from a 500hp 8V92T.

i love 2 strokers...but those have to be some old school wheel designs.

feelmecummin said:
i love 2 strokers...but those have to be some old school wheel designs.
It might be old, but it will still move a lot of air. I have $600 in my big charger, and it will push 50psi with a little *nx* to get it to light.

Found these while digging around.
S471
S471.jpg

S475

S475.jpg

anyone know about a Cummins 4LHR? I measured the externals and inducer/exducer. seems to be about the same as the HT3b. im wondering how you figure out the exhaust housing size? like 26cm. is there some measurements I can do without taking it off? should I pull it apart and measure the wheels OD?

here are some pics of the above stated Cummins 4LHR turbo. what do you guys think?

Compressor side
DSC04764.jpg

DSC04765.jpg

Turbine side
DSC04767.jpg

Exhaust housing
DSC04768.jpg

heres the gap that the exhaust flows into the turbine. I don't know how to figure cm2, but I took the diameter of the opening xpie, then multiplied that by the "gap" and came up with about 22cm2. is that about right or am I way off?
DSC04770.jpg

other pics
DSC04771.jpg

DSC04772.jpg

DSC04773.jpg

Has anyone used the htt 62/13/71 ss in a set of twins yet? I either need to upgrade or make it into twins, and for the price of the smaller single i dont really want to ditch it.

anyone know about a Cummins 4LHR? I measured the externals and inducer/exducer. seems to be about the same as the HT3b. im wondering how you figure out the exhaust housing size? like 26cm. is there some measurements I can do without taking it off? should I pull it apart and measure the wheels OD?
Not to be mean, but by today's standards, that huffer is a dinosaur...............

Not to be mean, but by today's standards, that huffer is a dinosaur...............

I know, but im hoping to at least get a little out of it. its the same dimentions as an HT3b and I want to use it to fab all my pipes with, and at least get a little more power.
its gotta be better than just running my stock hx35. What kind of power should I get out of it with my stock turbo?

I have one for you guys. Im buying the turbo zstroken had for sale, its based off of a borg warner, 88mm inducer 118mm exducer with a 88mm turbine. he said it says forced induction 1001 on it. anyone have any info or know where i could find anymore info on this kind of charger? Im looking to run it as a single charger

I have one for you guys. Im buying the turbo zstroken had for sale, its based off of a borg warner, 88mm inducer 118mm exducer with a 88mm turbine. he said it says forced induction 1001 on it. anyone have any info or know where i could find anymore info on this kind of charger? Im looking to run it as a single charger

Good Luck!!:hehe:

http://forcedinductions.com/

This is straight from Pius for my MSB

Following Numbers Indicate Mass flow Against choke line at different pressure ratios.
Numbers at sea level
48.5 PSI 69% Comp. Efficiency 890 CFM
30 PSI 64% Comp. Efficiency 1275 CFM
24 PSI 60% Comp. Efficiency 1260 CFM

Max Peak Comp. Efficiency= 79.2% at 19 PSI

Comp. Efficiency Does not drop off at Higher boost levels

Max CFM is somewhere between 30PSI &35 PSI with safe rotor speed and Compressor
Efficiency Between 70% and 75%

Back