Turbo Flow Rates

I've read this whole thread and didn't find how many lbs/min a bht3b flows.

Does anyone know?

I found this pic a few months ago on compdiesel. Apparrently this is Maddogs new compound setup. Turbonetics mid-frame 76 over Superthumper 115mm. Should move some air......

Attachments

• twin%20turbos%202[1].bmp
    536 KB · Views: 663
does any one have a spec on the h3c(holeset)? i got on of those an an hx60w and was thinkin twinz

oh and some one wanted pics of a ht100. the low pressure is an ht 100 and the high is an hx83. this is off a qsk 50 there 2 sets one for each bank and it makes a measaly 2250 hp.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 166
Alright one more question for the gurus, with an S475 how much flow is lost going from the 1.25 exhaust housing down to the 1.10?

Anyone got specs on the Holset Pro-52

cfm, lbs/min, boost #s etc

its a 71mm turbo and not sure what the ex housing is - was told a 16cm equivalent

its a 71mm turbo and not sure what the ex housing is - was told a 16cm equivalent

I would like to know too. OH and if you have the specs for a 2003 HY35 that would be great too.

hx40Super40pro52.jpg

I should make a note to that:

That compressor map does seem rather optimistic as a GT4202 only flows about 100lbs/min, and it has a 74mm compressor wheel.

That map looks like someone pasted a turbo map onto an excel spread sheet. That bullseye link shows their 72mm S400 at 89 lbs per minute, good luck seeing 120lbs per minute, I think the S480 with race cover is around 117.

if I read that map correctly it shows the sweet spot as about 85 or 90 lbs/min for the Pro52

I think I figured it out, looking at my other Holset maps the Mass flow is all in kg/s NOT Lbs/m, So if we extrapolate from the hx40 map I have, it looks like it would flow ~90lbs/min which is about equal to a GT4294, which is about the same size charger, and as such would make sense.

HX40 Map for ref:

Hx40--6blades-1.jpg

One more thing as I look at the maps closer. The HX40 map I have is the high flow 6 blade wheel. It only hits about 75 kg/s max, where as the "standard" HX40 in the map with the HX52 on it, seems to reach out almost another 10 kg/s? That map seems optimistic all around so take it with a grain of salt. In general from what I have seen, a 70-72mm compressor is going to move anywhere from 85-95lbs/min. Which should be close enough for 95% of us.

I agree with your synopsis, the HX40 does not do near as well as a GT4292 in real world testing.

Back