Shops and tools

While the 3/8 is strong enough to take of lug nuts on a fresh battery, I would recommend getting a 1/2 inch gun to take to the track.

It does work better for lugs but almost nothing else. Its just to big. And it's like $600 IIRC. Where the 3/8 is like $400

so next question, are the battery operated worth the money (in torque power, reliability etc.) over the electric (corded) and which brand seems to be the best.

Ya man thanks! i showed that to the wife and its def. on my to get list. luckily im pretty tall so it hasnt been to hard for me to get everything i need :lolly:

Yea the battery last a long time if your not taking lugs off. Like with normal use they last really good. And they come with a spare battery so it works out.

mobile.walmart.com/ip/E-Z-Red-RF7-Double-Box-Flex-Head-Ratcheting-Wrench-Set-4-Piece/16494042
I couldn't function without these. I use them almost every day and there is probably a job per week I'm not sure how I could do without them. Also gotta have a 3/8 battery impact (i hava a Makita), and a flex head fine tooth snapon ratchet.

The corded ones ive been around suck. Ive been leanin towards milwaukee I have a 1/4" 12v its really handy and strong for its size. A buddy has a snap on thats been good as well 1/2"

Another thought snap on tools can be bought cheaper such as the same impacts are available they say case ih on them a 1/2" is about $500 I think. Cat tools are made by snap on also.

I have makita 3/8" 18v and 1/4" 10v lithium ion. Recommend from the members here.

Their freakin awesome, batteries last forever, they charge in 30 min, strong as hell.

I also just bought a makita right angle 3/8" impact.

Next on my list is a milwaukee 12v rotary tool, like a dremel but better.

I have Milwaukee and Snap-on impacts. I've used Makita and Dewalt ones too. The Snap-on is by far the most powerful. But also almost 3 times the price of Milwaukee. I use my Milwaukee for little things because it's smaller and lighter but use the Snap-on 3/8 just like you would use the pneumatic one. It's almost as powerful too. It's crazy how far the cordless tool market has come in the past few years.

The electric ratchets are awesome too! Snap-on used to make one but they discontinued it. They are supposed to come out agin this year. The Matco ones work good too though.

Last edited:
What brand does eveyone like for drill bits and screwdrivers bits for drills and impact drivers?

I was gonna get makita or milwaukee, but the reviews on amazon suck.

I say those the other day, but the ft/lbs was only like 35, so I figured they weren't worth it.

They take the same battery as the rotary tool from milwaukee.

What brand does eveyone like for drill bits and screwdrivers bits for drills and impact drivers?

I was gonna get makita or milwaukee, but the reviews on amazon suck.

Drill bits i like the Lawson big bit set. But it's $$

The dewalt black cases have impact driver bits that have worked well for me.

Snap-on, "mother of all impact guns", 600+ ftlbs break away!! It's the only one to have. That is if you have a extra 600 clams.

Snap-on, "mother of all impact guns", 600+ ftlbs break away!! It's the only one to have. That is if you have a extra 600 clams.

Might be "father"......?? Whatever..........the thing will rip a arm off if your not carefull.

I have the 3/8 snap on and use the crap out of that thing on everything. The battery lasts about 2 to 3 days of continuous use and the battery takes about an hour to charge. It was kinda pricey but well worth it. I have not used the dewalt or milwaukee ones, but my cousin has a mac tools version of it and its junk. I am sure its with all cordless tools, but if your around a lot of metal work like grinding and stuff where there are little pieces of metal around, it will get in the motor and lock it up.

Back