Shops and tools

Snap-on, "mother of all impact guns", 600+ ftlbs break away!! It's the only one to have. That is if you have a extra 600 clams.
i wish i had the extra 600 for one, but ill get one later in life when im have more money.
We have great luck with the drill bits from fastenal.

same here, i use dewalt bits mostly but they dont last long if you drill through alot of metal, even with oil on them.

i had a matco set and they were awesome brand new but after a few uses just blow
IIRC they the ones that have a pilot tip and you can't resharpen to right?

I've been thinking of getting another set of the Irwin ones and just getting them cryod. My machine shop does it to all their bits and they said they get over 3 times the life out of them now.

I've been thinking of getting another set of the Irwin ones and just getting them cryod. My machine shop does it to all their bits and they said they get over 3 times the life out of them now.
That's a good idea.

yea they cant be resharpened

Has makita improved their cordless stuff that much? I think i'll stick to milwaukee. Its made here also a good thing.

Last edited:
how come?
The 30min charge time is my favorite, but that one doesn't come with batteries or a charger. The milwalkuee Is a hr and a 5yr warranty vs's makitas 3yr.

Either would be fine. Id try to look a what's all avaliable by each brand or what you plan to buy. So the batteries will work.

Milwaukee hands down. Then makita. Then 12V Dewalt(for small spaces) then the 18V Dewalt. I've never been a huge Dewalt fan.. They all have pros and cons though... This is a ford, chevy, dodge battle. It'll go on forever.

Next cordless I'm gonna buy.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WBBM82?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1"]Amazon.com: Milwaukee 2460-21 M12 12-Volt Rotary Tool Kit: Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Yjlfd0uqL.@@AMEPARAM@@31Yjlfd0uqL[/ame]

Back