First Gen VE HP Guru's

Definitely go with the spacer. From my own personal experience (and a few comp pumps we've built). Running a timing spring out of a 184 pump (they are slightly longer, but a little less spring rate, than the 205 spring)... adding a timing spacer, and remove ALL shims. Then set "idle" (I idle at 800-900) case pressure at about 80 psi.

This seems to give the broadest case pressure sweep. The timing ramps up quick as well. With ksb on and the set up above.... with a maxed out pump and 80lpm sticks... I maintain about 200 psi of case pressure at 3000 rpm and wot.

Never thought of it? Advantages?? Worth getting?

Your liking this Ve stuff aren't ya?

I miss daily driving a VE truck. The P-Pump truck are nice but for a daily you can not beat a VE!!! I am really glad to see there is still good tech talk on the old ve pumps. It gives me fuel to get mine back out of retirement and shoot for 11's.

Your liking this Ve stuff aren't ya?

I miss daily driving a VE truck. The P-Pump truck are nice but for a daily you can not beat a VE!!! I am really glad to see there is still good tech talk on the old ve pumps. It gives me fuel to get mine back out of retirement and shoot for 11's.

I drove my brothers '15, the only thing that I liked was the exhaust brake. I said my old truck is a hot rod compared to his luxo boat. :hehe:

Call me old skool, I love my old daily driver. :pop:

I finally installed my hungry diesel pump, woke the truck up. I'm at the point where I need to install some upgraded valve springs, and then step up even more on the VE gov spring. I'm also suspecting that I am hurting fuel delivery by going thru the stock fuel line.

I just want to make sure I have enough fuel for the proposed twins :rockwoot:

Is this spacer done instead of advancing the timing by reclocking the pump 1/8" toward the engine?

It can be on milder trucks. When the time comes to add more timing/fuel I feel it helps keep the truck more streetable. I used one and loved it, still have it somewhere.

40% over is putting you back up to around a POD size.

With the compounds you are running.... I would 6x13 honed about 25% over. We are having fantastic results using this set up.... seems to be very clean and making more power than the equivalent 5 hole stuff.

40% over is putting you back up to around a POD size.

With the compounds you are running.... I would 6x13 honed about 25% over. We are having fantastic results using this set up.... seems to be very clean and making more power than the equivalent 5 hole stuff.
I was told any bigger on current nozzles and it would be spraying out of the bowl. I will say I'm not worried about running very clean either. :evil

I wouldn't. Going too large simply hurts performance. We've replaced quite a few larger injectors with smaller and trucks gained power. Depends on supporting mods, but too large just makes the fuel that much harder to burn.

From my experience right around 80LPM (about 4.5lpm in fluid) makes the best overall power in a 12mm ve. Not saying one can't make more with larger.... but they start really losing in some areas.

JQ I'm sure is going to chime in on how is 5x25 are so street able etc....but he also has a 14mm h/r.... larger plunger increases pressure back up.

The 6x13 VCO we had honed to 80lpm, with pintle mods flowed slightly less than 4.5 (had checked to compare). I have never tested a straight edm 6 hole that was larger.... to compare if it would be a 6x15 or 6x16, etc....

Back