First Gen VE HP Guru's

Similar to the BD pin, the low end fueling starts higher so it needs to move more making for less smoke. I am reading many people on facebook going from Denny T 2 (very close to the M&H 5) to THD pin and loving it. Same power, less smoke.

That's true mad Mike. Problem is a lot of those fast fueling pins dump fuel so hard down low that they slow spool and you end up making less power.

Fatty hit the nail on this one. You can grind a factory pin to achieve full travel. I suggest trying that before you drop in a pin that will flood the poor engine with fuel.

Exactly, and you can do that better with a good fuel pin. A stock ground one is OK, but there are better ones out there to limit low boost fueling. BD power and The Hungry Diesel both make good ones.

Where can I get this waste gate cover?

The cover plate on my small turbo is a thin plate.

Is that the "Power Bulge" (giggity) from Lazar Smith?

DSC01219-936x968.jpg

This may sound really dumb but I also feel if you dump to much fuel early it feels like the fuel never catches for the higher RPM.

If you do keep it fed with fuel, mine ran great till fuel pressure dropped. I'm running a well built 12mm now, fuels smooth as hell.

Waiting to Dyno it and see if it makes more than my 14mm.

If you do keep it fed with fuel, mine ran great till fuel pressure dropped. I'm running a well built 12mm now, fuels smooth as hell.

Waiting to Dyno it and see if it makes more than my 14mm.
If you dont mind me asking, who's 14mm did you have? Was it a Rocken Tech setup?

No ask away! I had a schied 14mm ran good with good FP. Compounds and lots of fuel make these old trucks fun.!

Slight derail RD,
I have a, like new,12v natural gas head if you ever decide you want to go back to your alky project.

That rpm hurdle with these pumps sucks! I do have an a1000 sitting on the shelf.:rockwoot:

YES! Also add one of their boost referenced regulators. Pull the front pump seal and install a new one with green lock tite. Idle 12~PSI and push it to 25~PSI at full tilt. Fuel sump also.

Im running a beans sump, A1000 fuel and water sep filters with a fuelab boost referenced regulator, I'm pushing about 45psi to the VE at wot. This is with my 12mm pump, runs great the throttle is touchy. :hehe:

Last edited:
Back