First Gen VE HP Guru's

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
I am putting together some hairdriers for my first gen.

S300G 57mm compressor/.070 turbine housing over a billet 71mm (K31-T4)

both turbines are wastegated. Planning on v-banding the cold side to save headaces with boots.

fuel is a pinned/springed VE fueled by a Hungry diesel lift pump to a set of hybrid injectors- 2nd gen marine nozzles honed 40% installed in first gen bodies.Will kick the pump over 1/8th at time of install also.

Debating a tank sump and running larger supply hose to the lift pump- but I am in a cold northern state and I have heard of fuel gelling issues up here with the sumps?

Any issues with my plans? please shoot your opinions and suggestions. :pop:

As it is now I need to get a 070 turbine for the small huffer- it has a 080 now and it was suggested to step down to better match the VE's fuel curve.

And JQmile can stay away with his nitrous suggestions.:hehe: I wanna see what I can squeak out on fuel.

If you guys have any pics of the twin setups in a first gen- please show them as I am wondering if I should do the traditional compounded setup or should I flip the small charger around and sent the larger one up front?

Yeah, I forgot how much it was. A buddy built his own, pretty standard configuration except the primary was slightly farther ahead.

And JQmile can stay away with his nitrous suggestions.:hehe: I wanna see what I can squeak out on fuel.

I was just going to suggest a little bit....:lolly:

meganos.jpg

Can I suggest water/meth? 14mm pump? bif

I might suggest some bigger injectors, but otherwise, fun build! Here's a pic of a big turbo in front setup I saw on a 1st gen out here in CA....looks like lots of room!

1992-dodge-d250-intake.jpg

Anyways, have fun with it!

There's plenty of room to build a side by side kit and the only thing you have to relocate is the coolant overflow tank. Stock heat exchanger is still in place in the picture above. I used a Holset he351cw and a box stock 75/96/1.32 BW. Works great.

Here's a side by side set up we did. Hx35 and an ht60. I like the primary flipped with a 90 hot pipe. I think its a lot cleaner than building a trombone hot pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_20150102_243021804.jpg
    IMG_20150102_243021804.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
Yes we made a 4in down pipe. I'll see if he has any pictures of it. I don't consider the cold pipe a trombone, its a nice transition.

I was referring to how you have to 180 it off the secondary and come up to a 90. Just doesn't look natural in my opinion.

Back