10 second 1st gen

With the stock converter at 4200rpm the slip was 30% so i can only imagine the slip at lower rpm. The rpm never really changed from when i hit he nitrous to when i went through the traps. I couldn't even hear it shift lol. If my Goerend slips as bad as your saying I'll probably be giving ProTorque a call.

I actually found an old thread I started on Yellowbullet on the same subject, looks like it was roughly a 2:1 slip:hp ratio at the power level I was at anyways. I doubt ProTorque could do anything better than Goerend. It was the rpm that was my issue but I was always limited because I didn't want to rev my 14mm out.

20% converter slip=hp loss?? - Yellow Bullet Forums

I actually found an old thread I started on Yellowbullet on the same subject, looks like it was roughly a 2:1 slip:hp ratio at the power level I was at anyways. I doubt ProTorque could do anything better than Goerend. It was the rpm that was my issue but I was always limited because I didn't want to rev my 14mm out.

20% converter slip=hp loss?? - Yellow Bullet Forums

There's only one way to find out. I'm going to run the stock converter at first to measure the slip through the whole run they throw the Goerend in and see what the results are. Weight is also going to effect slip, less weight less slip.

There's only one way to find out. I'm going to run the stock converter at first to measure the slip through the whole run they throw the Goerend in and see what the results are. Weight is also going to effect slip, less weight less slip.

How are you going to measure it? I did it via dyno.

By post #20 the writing on the wall had already been deciphered.
All the rest is just an idiot posing for hits.

Mark.

Jason you know how budget my builds are. Obviously i don't have a racepak for the truck. I will find the most budget friendly way to measure the two rpms

An accurate speedo and tach can do it, you just have to find a rpm:mph ratio in your given gear at a low hp steady state, and then compare it to high hp, advancing load.

Jason what size injectors and how much spray was the 972 hit with? Obviously was not with a STOCK 12MM head....

Scheid 14mm with KTA head and rotor. 5x25 injectors also from Scheid. 28 deg timing, 60psi on a 62/65 turbo with two .136 jets. Lots of big stuff :pop:

Edit: I made 448rwhp through a non-lockup with a 12mm, previous owner skipped a tooth the wrong way and that was only at 9 deg of timing.....I really would have liked to have seen what it would have made at 28 deg, but we fixed it when we put the other pump on.

Last edited:
Oh and the truck made 487rwhp on fuel so it was roughly a 500 shot, but it was also very turbo limited.

Back