10 second 1st gen

Any style truck that started with a letter and ended with 3 numbers, especially an SAE platform that Rod Hall and Walker Evans raced, is the only generation of truck perfection.

Period.

Now back to the regular 10 second metric broadcast.

Ok but the body is different :poke:

I’m debating if I should throw a popcorn meme in here.

Yet the other side is saying don’t feed the troll.

Best wishes in making it to the 10s with the combo you’re talking about, with the technology currently available.

From a performance standpoint, I’d love to see it.

From an outsider looking in(reading your posts), I have no reason to cheer you on.

I feel that it will take a pallet of cash and you won’t get there on the parts you say you plan to stick with.

Best of luck, to all involved.

I’m debating if I should throw a popcorn meme in here.

Yet the other side is saying don’t feed the troll.

Best wishes in making it to the 10s with the combo you’re talking about, with the technology currently available.

From a performance standpoint, I’d love to see it.

From an outsider looking in(reading your posts), I have no reason to cheer you on.

I feel that it will take a pallet of cash and you won’t get there on the parts you say you plan to stick with.

Best of luck, to all involved.

That 12.3 pass was on the worst possible setup if you think about it. Just think if i had more efficient gearing to help the 60ft and the big end, a more efficient converter, a turbo bigger then 54mm and more nitrous. :nos:

As I believe Ron said earlier, you can’t just power your way there.
Spend some time on the chassis getting it planted, too.

I’ve said it numerous times, but I’m not seeing the reason to stay non lockup.

As I believe Ron said earlier, you can’t just power your way there.
Spend some time on the chassis getting it planted, too.

I’ve said it numerous times, but I’m not seeing the reason to stay non lockup.

What should i do to the chassis, with the old setup the best 60ft was 1.80 on completely stock suspension. I would be happy with a 1.60 60ft. I want to stay non lock up because thats what they came with and i want to see just how fast i can go with one. And with a good converter that slips 10% or less your really not losing much compared to a lock up.

Your final weight is going to be roughly 4,500#?

What year and chassis setup are you going to use for this truck?

Are you using an external gate with the nitrous you’re using?

Who out there is building a 518 converter that has 10% slip?

What’s your plan on a cage? I believe I remember 10.99 and less requires a cage? To add you’d be insane to go that fast in a “stock” first gen, the phucking seats are held in with 5/16” studs...

What should i do to the chassis, with the old setup the best 60ft was 1.80 on completely stock suspension. I would be happy with a 1.60 60ft. I want to stay non lock up because thats what they came with and i want to see just how fast i can go with one. And with a good converter that slips 10% or less your really not losing much compared to a lock up.

They also came with no nitrous and like 160hp too...?

Lock the converter in 2nd. Lol

You only need to work on the chassis if it spins... what is your tire setup going to be?

Serious question, have you ever ran a 10sec 1/4 mile in anything? There’s a big difference between a 10 and 12... like I could probably run a 7.0 in the 1/8th and roll the rest of the way down the track to a mid 12.

Your final weight is going to be roughly 4,500#?

What year and chassis setup are you going to use for this truck?

Are you using an external gate with the nitrous you’re using?

Who out there is building a 518 converter that has 10% slip?

What’s your plan on a cage? I believe I remember 10.99 and less requires a cage? To add you’d be insane to go that fast in a “stock” first gen, the phucking seats are held in with 5/16” studs...

Yea probably close to 4500lbs

89 d250, stock chassis and suspension for now

Depends on what turbo i decide to run. If i stick with a H1C or hx35 then yes

I have a goerend converter, going to measure the slip and go from there.

Probably just do a roll bar don't plan on going 9.99 or faster yet

You're here to dazzle with your brilliance, but you're asking what you should do to get your chassis to work better?

I’d say this sums up this entire thread.

8c3a11266a7c991b787c49ea6e12fe47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back