10 second 1st gen

You guys may start a trend at the drag strip. Something like Rambler night or Flathead Fridays.

Ron doesn’t even have a diesel anymore, well besides his gen set, we can hire him to come power the lights in the 405 when we have a VE shake down.....

When was the Cummins first offered in a Dodge ? 1979 or 1989? :what:

1988.5 but who’s splitting doll hairs!?

1919, Clessie Cummins was a handsome man, Rudolf Diesel was a clever milker phuker..

Plus ford/Nissan owns them so...

Last edited:
It would be nice if someone else would try it too so i could have some competition

A little cocky? May want to think before you speak. I bet your so young that your nuts haven’t even dropped yet. There always someone out there in this world smarter. Give respect and keep a open mind. We all can learn from each other.

1st gen chassis, VE pump, and non lock up trans. Thats it. You gonna play?

I’ve been to a number of diesel events, usually it’s diesel against diesel. If you really think you can go fast, you shouldn’t have a problem with that. I’ve never once refused to run a CR.

Honestly, a dedicated race truck running 10’s, big whoop. It happens all the time. I think it’s way cooler that I can drive my stake body 50 miles to the track, pull into the staging lane and do 10s in street trim on 35s with no spray.

I’ve been to a number of diesel events, usually it’s diesel against diesel. If you really think you can go fast, you shouldn’t have a problem with that. I’ve never once refused to run a CR.

Honestly, a dedicated race truck running 10’s, big whoop. It happens all the time. I think it’s way cooler that I can drive my stake body 50 miles to the track, pull into the staging lane and do 10s in street trim on 35s with no spray.And then tow the gooseneck with 2 cords of wood over Donner summit at 70 without changing anything.

A little add on.LOL

Are camper special mirrors on a first gen the equivalent to 3rd gen mirrors flipped up!?

Are camper special mirrors on a first gen the equivalent to 3rd gen mirrors flipped up!?
Not unless they are turned so the heads are pointed OUTSIDE of the bars.
Truthfully, I only saw very few people run them inside the bars, back in the day.

Man, I'm getting old. :(

Mark.

1st gen chassis, VE pump, and non lock up trans. Thats it. You gonna play?

So any more details about this mystery truck now that you've pissed everyone off by having goals? :hehe:

If I got serious about drag trucking mine, I think there'd be a good 1,000 pounds I could lose.

So any more details about this mystery truck now that you've pissed everyone off by having goals? :hehe:

If I got serious about drag trucking mine, I think there'd be a good 1,000 pounds I could lose.

One more detail is it have over 500k on the motor and chassis lol. Throw a non lock up back in your truck and lets have a race to the 10's

Justin, that old gal is about to get broke in then....

How about a 47 that I/someone doesn’t flip the “hit from behind switch”?

Still a valid chassis system?

Justin, that old gal is about to get broke in then....

How about a 47 that I/someone doesn’t flip the “hit from behind switch”?

Still a valid chassis system?

Then why not just run a 518. It would be even harder run that fast with a loose lock up converter

Because a generation of truck is defined by body style/chassis, and a metric abomination engine option has no bearing on what generation the truck is.

Still fail to see how a 79 is considered a first gen.....

Back