Casper goes 172.72 mph at Bonneville.

It probably wouldn't hurt, but I think i would pull them all and ck. just one point to make, on the Banks Sidewinder LSR the engine/ECU wire harness was mostly hand made , after Bville it showed signs of corrosion almost the day we got back, we pulled it off and cleaned it but eventually replaced/rebuilt it complete.

If you haven't already, check all your electrical connectors , we had two chase trucks go batsh/t crazy with there electrics and one needed a new body ECU after about 3 months the connector looked good but just enough corrosion inside to kill it, the salt does get into places you would never believe.

Thats exactly what i've been worried about . Engine harness connection and ECM and trans under truck .

If I pull all the connections , what would be the best thing to spray on there .

John

I've used WD40 or the like, just check for corrosion also pull back any boots and check, a little simplegreen and some air to dry, also check where the wires are crimped or soldered the corrosion can run down into the wire under the cover, one good thing is late model wire connectors are really good. also ck your aluminum components in your engine compartment if you see white or fuzz looking stuff you might address that also

The salt flats was a blast ....... the salt was the only drawback .

Will keep an eye on everything over the next few months .

The salt flats was a blast ....... the salt was the only drawback .

Will keep an eye on everything over the next few months .

Indeed it is well worth the trouble, Bville is so much fun. A good way around the salt problem, RENT! a car.

I drove my truck out there once just to look...I chickened out at the end of the paved road. LOL
I don't ever want that much salt on anything I own.

SICK NUMBERS!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

I have been forced to put LSR out of my mind due to living location and lack of vaction time and money...BUT, I am trying to get an assignment to Denver, so MAYBE I can fullfill this lifelong dream of returning to the salt in diesel!!!! I went to Bonneville once when i was about 10 or 11, and had an amazing time (I'm suprised I can remember so long ago. LOL). I think my new (in work) setup will run pretty fast...guess we'll have to see.

Back