Casper goes 172.72 mph at Bonneville.

Kat any chance you and Mcrat might come to Medford for the NHRDA ?

If we made it, it would only be on Sunday. As we have Pink's all out on Friday and Saturday in Sonoma. But, then would have to high tail it back for the kids to be back to school on Monday.

why not? if the tires have the exact diameter front and back, it shouldn't matter. How the heck do you thing AWD works? it's 50/50 unless your are on a turn.

cause the rule state that runs are to be made in 2wd only??????? maybe???????

I understand the rules state 2wd. but I read that as "you can't run that fast in 4wd". and that's false..

ture not doubting about that. but its their game their rules thus pat has too play by their rules for now or not run at all.
as my limited understand that pat is a rookie in LSR events thus has no real say in anything related to LSR competition

i am sure as more get to doing it..rules might change

Casper is a street-legal true production diesel pickup truck. It is a 2005 GMC 2500HD 4x4 LLY Duramax with a single charger, stock injectors, and 2 CP3 pumps. It has factory AAM axles with 3.42 gears. No aero dynamics were done but a bed cover. Even the OnStar and XMradio antennas were present.

Rules only allow "event diesel fuel" which is supplied at the track and the tank sealed.

Due to a lack of a parachute, running faster than 175mph is not permitted, so we cannot go too close to the limit.

Just 2 months ago, Casper won a ProStreet sled pull, and is still driven often on the street.

While mini-trucks with engine swaps have went faster, this might be the fastest true diesel pickup truck. Rules dictate it must be driven in 2wd.

Bonneville is a salt track, and is very slippery. Casper spun the tires up past 100mph before hooking up. The air was 6700' DA.

Hopefully, we will get the extra safety equipment and get to use the full engine output in the coming months.

Thanks out to Johnny, Mike L., Guy Tripp, the crew at PPE, Lynn Goodfellow, Curtis, Volker, Deist, the SCTA-BNI crew, Wicked Diesel, Ross and Blacky at EFILive, and the rest of the Dmax crew.

Tomorrow we must back up the pass to set the B/DT record.

Good show , It's a lot of fun there Huh! :clap:

WOW, that's haul'n the mail guys!:rockwoot:

Do they make you break-in the tires or heat-set them? What tires are legal? What gearing did you use? Is the turbo a reassembled stock turbo or an uncracked OEM?

.........Where's Comp in all this?

it is an aftermarket turbo. I believe it is a garrett, but not 100%

The record sheet is up at http://www.scta-bni.org/SCTA-NewWeb/Bonneville/SpeedWeek_08/records_21.htm#Short Course Run

It was done on the "short course" which is 3 miles, and it is the average of the one mile time from 1-2 mile markers on Wed and Thurs.

I will post the in-truck video and pictures as soon as we get home. We are back on the road, and hope to get back to Norco by tonight.

Thanks again to all our diesel friends, we could not have done it without you.

Congratulations, we wanted to make it out there, but Drag week is our first priority at this time. We will probably try and make the Nationals after the Texas mile and Maxton. I glad that more diesel enthusiasts are finding LSR, and I think you will find as we have that its addicting.
On using 4 wheel drives, there is a big reason not to use it, salt is like driving on ice, if you spin the front tires, you will more than likely spin out. Again congratulation

Bad ass:rockwoot:, nice to see diesels kicking more gasser butt:Cheer:. Congrats on the unreal run speed.

The Bonneville salt flat racing is something everyone should try to attend at some point. Quite an experience .

Different than anything I have done in the past . Very nice people out there and very helpful . Safety is the #1 concerne to them .

I was tow and chase at the event . Incredible experience and cant wait till next year to get Casper into the 200 mph club. Needed a chute to go over 175mph . Pat had one but finishing other things to make the event came first.

It was a long trip home towing . My kodiak decided to puke a water pump 2nd day we were there . We had to stop every 50 miles or so to put water in the overflow on the way home . Made a 900 mile trip take a while .

We made it home though . Just took forever .

Now it's time to get unloaded and get the salt off everything .

I will post some pics off my camera a little later tonight .

Johnny

Back