Big Triples

RockinJW

Building our first of Performance Oriented Triples. Kits in the past have been for maximum torque for towing for the Common Rail and flowed 2000cfm and made anywhere from 740hp with 90hp injectors to 1079hp with 300hp injectors. Hopefully these things work as well as we plan...3800cfm! Just got them mocked up under the hood last night, hoping to be up and running in week or two.

main.php

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm not sure Jason. Guess we should pull the comp housings off and mic them. We just told Bell we needed a lot of air and this is what he sent us :evil

Seems like a little overkill, but it will be interesting to see how it turn out. Should be enough air for 1500 to 1600 hp without straining.

And they say size doesn't matter...my triples are feeling a little inadequate right now ;)

These things are going to be re-dic-u-lous!!!!

Seems like a little overkill, but it will be interesting to see how it turn out. Should be enough air for 1500 to 1600 hp without straining.

That's what we're afraid of. Motor is running ARP 625's and a stock gasket, stock 6.7: block and a full built 68RFE trans, so we may need to do some taming down with the gates, but it's gonna be fun. Very cool build.

You better just go ahead and send that set my way, that 6.7 is going to be hating life. THE short one it will have....LOL

I'm working on a set of triples for my truck and it makes me a bit uncomfortable trying to guess what will work well. Throwing 6.7 into the mix makes it even more of a crap shoot. I'll say this though, I'd rather figure out how to put them in mine than how to shoe horn them into a 3rd gen. You guys must not be claustrophobic.

These are the past sets we've built, only done one set on a 2nd Gen truck. All the others were Common Rails. They fit nicely under the hood, been able to keep the A/C and heating systems intact. This new kit required removing that, but it's a race truck, who needs an A/C...

main.php

main.php

main.php

The extra vertical clearance in the 2nd and 3rd gen trucks sure looks like it helps. I can only go as high as the top of the extra breather in the valve cover. I've been thinking about running a 13" wheel and tire on the passenger front and denting the fender well in.(not really, but it would help).
Your work is really nice. Mine will be ugly and functional at best.

Last edited:
Looks like the high pressure turbo could be a big restriction. On the triple kits I've seen the high pressure is same size or bigger than the 2 low pressure. Good luck. Be curious to see how it works

You might as well tear it all the way down and put some billet rods in, before you blow that block to high hell...

Back