s510 a/r question

That is a GT98 F-trim. We carry those as well.....good bit cheaper also. We build those units up to 115mm Billet wheeled compressors for the S/F tractors. Work awesome indeed...but they will spool a good bit slower then a GT55....alot more weight in the rotating mass.

at 2099 is that a genuine Garrett piece or Chinese version ? 360 deg thrust upgrade ? clipped wheel ? if so that's a dang good price because i know what it cost to build one .

Does anyone have a pic or size dem of a GT98 or PBK? I just need an idea of what kind of size we are talking here.

Jepling, is that the comp cover that came with it, or something you had to get extra? With the 90* going backwards towards the exhaust side of the turbo... Also I cant see your a/c dryer, did you have to remove it, or maybe I just cant see it in the pic?

at 2099 is that a genuine Garrett piece or Chinese version ? 360 deg thrust upgrade ? clipped wheel ? if so that's a dang good price because i know what it cost to build one .

Garrett. We build/CNC only OE parts from castings. Clipped wheel is standard from Garrett. As for 360 thrust...it can be added though not necessary, as all GT's use 270 deg thrust (GT42, GT45, GT47, GT55...etc)

Does anyone have a pic or size dem of a GT98 or PBK? I just need an idea of what kind of size we are talking here.

Jepling, is that the comp cover that came with it, or something you had to get extra? With the 90* going backwards towards the exhaust side of the turbo... Also I cant see your a/c dryer, did you have to remove it, or maybe I just cant see it in the pic?

GT98

IMG00013.jpg

Ok so a GT5533 with the 94mm wheel, or the GT98?

I looks like I am giving up about 7lbs/min, but is the rest of the GT55 a better charger, After all it is about $600 more, both in journal bearing versions.

That is the cover that came on it , had the 90 tig d on it along with the 90 on the intake of the 400, that picture was taken before i got everything complete ,i had to move the dryer over a few inches to clear the down pipe.

I looks like I am giving up about 7lbs/min, but is the rest of the GT55 a better charger, After all it is about $600 more, both in journal bearing versions.

Theres quite a difference in spool between the GT98 F-trim and the GT5533. For most diesel guys, the GT55 is plenty.

Theres quite a difference in spool between the GT98 F-trim and the GT5533. For most diesel guys, the GT55 is plenty.

Agreed. Only our wild customers order the big thumpers. We have a few twin guys though running the GT106's .....so they are out there. :Cheer:

GT55 spools faster, much better throttle response with it, and very few people can exceed what a GT55-94 can put out.

DSCF3292.jpg

DSCF2779.jpg

Doubt they would sell chinese knock offs man:bang

Its was not a dig towards them , i have a great deal of respect for Forced Inductions , and have heard alot of good things about them , just an honest question .

so s595 is good($1800) but gt98f is better($2100) but the gt 55 tops them all (but whats the price)

Last edited:
so s595 is good($1800) but gt98f is better($2100) but the gt 55 tops them all (but whats the price)

GT55 is the best mix of spool and power....period. As for pricing...send us a PM. We can get you taken care of, but there are several options for the GT55's we now CNC and offer.

well i went with a 84mm on the bottom- (for now ..... until $$$$ gets built up)
specs-
Comp in ~ 84mm
comp ex ~ 117mm
turbine ex ~ 97mm
turbine in ~ 108mm
t6 nondivided free float 1.23a/r

IMG00068-20101003-1834.jpg

now a question about the GT55.......which is better? Ball Bearing vs Journal...... i would think the bb would spool faster/ takes less oil feed/ the bb are stronger- takes more of a load
BUT is it worth $1400 more (roughly)

specs-
Comp in ~ 84mm
comp ex ~ 117mm
turbine ex ~ 97mm
turbine in ~ 108mm

IMG00068-20101003-1834.jpg

now a question about the GT55.......which is better? Ball Bearing vs Journal...... i would think the bb would spool faster/ takes less oil feed/ the bb are stronger- takes more of a load
BUT is it worth $1400 more (roughly)

99.9% of the time......no, the journal bearing version can and will take almost anything you can throw at it. Most of our GT55 customers running the 94mm and even larger 98mm version are all journal bearing. :charger:

specs-
Comp in ~ 84mm
comp ex ~ 117mm
turbine ex ~ 97mm
turbine in ~ 108mm

Your current bottom turbo specs sound awfully close to an HT4B. I noticed your bottom turbo spins the traditional direction so it's definitely not an HT4B. How well do you like the setup?

Back