s510 a/r question

Does the GT55 compressor side move as much air as the ET-R wheel, or should I be looking into a hybrid with the ET-R wheel on the GT55?

Anymore info on the Phat Bastard Killer? Who builds it?

Gillett Diesel builds it , 100mm comp wheel , 108 mm exducer on the turbine side, clipped turbine wheel and tight A/R , 360 deg thrusts , and bigger main shaft than a GT55 . The best part about this turbo is its spools real good for the size , I can get 5psi out of it on the line while total boost is around 15-20 , probably spools 2-3 times faster than my S510 did . turbo paired with a S475 has made almost 1200 track proven hp on fuel at a DA of 7k on my truck and similar #'s on another truck up in canada , both trapping arounf 144-145 in the 1/4 mile .

i have heard the gt55 ball bearing is not serviceable and expect a wait if it does need to be repaired.whats the story.

I drive mine daily and tow 9000# 5 days a week with my 472/595 twins. i am running the 1.15 on my 95 and a .90 on the 72. drive pressure is 1 to 1 up to 95#. i have been running this setup for about a year now.

Gillett Diesel builds it , 100mm comp wheel , 108 mm exducer on the turbine side, clipped turbine wheel and tight A/R , 360 deg thrusts , and bigger main shaft than a GT55 . The best part about this turbo is its spools real good for the size , I can get 5psi out of it on the line while total boost is around 15-20 , probably spools 2-3 times faster than my S510 did . turbo paired with a S475 has made almost 1200 track proven hp on fuel at a DA of 7k on my truck and similar #'s on another truck up in canada , both trapping around 144-145 in the 1/4 mile .

They Make this turbo for anyone to buy if they want to run it in a twin set up? How do you guys think it would operate running a 66/73/16 HTT turbo as the small charger? it is not a daily driven truck. is just my drag racing vehicle. How would it handle having a little :nos: thrown in the mix if i ever felt the urge?

Any info is appreciated,thanks.

Gillett Diesel builds it , 100mm comp wheel , 108 mm exducer on the turbine side, clipped turbine wheel and tight A/R , 360 deg thrusts , and bigger main shaft than a GT55 . The best part about this turbo is its spools real good for the size , I can get 5psi out of it on the line while total boost is around 15-20 , probably spools 2-3 times faster than my S510 did . turbo paired with a S475 has made almost 1200 track proven hp on fuel at a DA of 7k on my truck and similar #'s on another truck up in canada , both trapping arounf 144-145 in the 1/4 mile .

Thanks Trent, couldnt remember the specs for sure. :doh:

Does the GT55 compressor side move as much air as the ET-R wheel, or should I be looking into a hybrid with the ET-R wheel on the GT55?

The ET-R wheel is compressor wheels made by us. I think your confusing them with ETT, which is BW's "extended Tip". The ET-R wheels move 10% more air then conventional design. BW 95 moves 154lbs/min. The ET-R moves 171lbs/min, or more then a larger 100mm conventional compressor wheel and a fraction of the weight :Cheer:. Which means the unit will spool ALOT faster.

i have heard the gt55 ball bearing is not serviceable and expect a wait if it does need to be repaired.whats the story.

The GT55 DBB is not serviceable to a degree. The Ball bearings themselves can not be purchased nor serviced. BUT, that is why we build them also in a journal bearing design.

I drive mine daily and tow 9000# 5 days a week with my 472/595 twins. i am running the 1.15 on my 95 and a .90 on the 72. drive pressure is 1 to 1 up to 95#. i have been running this setup for about a year now.

Do you have any pics of that setup?

Jeplings twins.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I just talked to Steve @ Gillett Diesel, here are the specs he gave me on the

Phat Bastard Killer: 98/141()108ex, 1.0 housing, based off a GT series turbo(larger than GT55) cast wheels. $2700

I just talked to Steve @ Gillett Diesel, here are the specs he gave me on the

Phat Bastard Killer: 98/141()108ex, 1.0 housing, based off a GT series turbo(larger than GT55) cast wheels. $2700

That is a GT98 F-trim. We carry those as well.....good bit cheaper also. We build those units up to 115mm Billet wheeled compressors for the S/F tractors. Work awesome indeed...but they will spool a good bit slower then a GT55....alot more weight in the rotating mass.

That is a GT98 F-trim. We carry those as well.....good bit cheaper also. We build those units up to 115mm Billet wheeled compressors for the S/F tractors. Work awesome indeed...but they will spool a good bit slower then a GT55....alot more weight in the rotating mass.

Price?:D

Back