s510 a/r question

Your current bottom turbo specs sound awfully close to an HT4B. I noticed your bottom turbo spins the traditional direction so it's definitely not an HT4B. How well do you like the setup?

Its a TV series unit. Some of our customer use those units still.....great piece and usually a little more compact.

99.9% of the time......no, the journal bearing version can and will take almost anything you can throw at it. Most of our GT55 customers running the 94mm and even larger 98mm version are all journal bearing. :charger:

thanks for the info...... less money needed to save now:rockwoot:

How much do you sell the tv's for? (i think there is an 88mm as well as the 84 i have)

any idea how much psi the TV turbos can be pushed to and still be reliable(ish)?

big blue24- i like it so far- i havent seen over 30 psi total (10psi bottom) and the rear end was sliding all over the place :hehe:
(not sure on all psi numbers as to many gauges to to look at and trying to keep the truck on the road)

How much do you sell the tv's for? (i think there is an 88mm as well as the 84 i have)

any idea how much psi the TV turbos can be pushed to and still be reliable(ish)?

big blue24- i like it so far- i havent seen over 30 psi total (10psi bottom) and the rear end was sliding all over the place :hehe:
(not sure on all psi numbers as to many gauges to to look at and trying to keep the truck on the road)

I think you would be happier spending a little more money and buying a newer unit. Sure, the TV series works, but its not as good as units that have been updated.

Hopefully this worked, because if it did, this will show you trent nells work on my dodge with a 72mm and the PBK, its ones of the best custom kits i have ever seen and should be pretty insane once its dialed in.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looks good Jhonny, any luck getting it dialed in yet??

We can upgrade them up to 91mm :evil

Looks good Jhonny, any luck getting it dialed in yet??

I havent talked to trent yet, but it should be close. He needed to dial in the wastegate, put straps on the battery bracket that he built and put in some gauges, other then that it ran good when i drove it... its going to be an animal, im hoping to pick it up next week sometime.

I think you would be happier spending a little more money and buying a newer unit. Sure, the TV series works, but its not as good as units that have been updated.

yes there are plenty of other turbos ......... but on the cheap the tv series seem to be pretty good (mine was $550 BRAND NEW!!!!!!) for those without a huge amount of $$$

We can upgrade them up to 91mm :evil

hmmmm. can u post the upgrade cost? thanks

yes there are plenty of other turbos ......... but on the cheap the tv series seem to be pretty good (mine was $550 BRAND NEW!!!!!!) for those without a huge amount of $$$

hmmmm. can u post the upgrade cost? thanks

Depending on the unit....upgrade for that should be around 399.

You can later upgrade to one of these....lol GT55-94 ET-R...that should break 1000hp..:hehe:

GT55-94ETR.jpg

Depending on the unit....upgrade for that should be around 399.

You can later upgrade to one of these....lol GT55-94 ET-R...that should break 1000hp..:hehe:

GT55-94ETR.jpg

MAYBE!!!!!:hehe:

whats the size difference (outside dimentions) between the tv84 and gt 55?

*Jf350 posting from npd*

The ET-R wheel is compressor wheels made by us. I think your confusing them with ETT, which is BW's "extended Tip". The ET-R wheels move 10% more air then conventional design. BW 95 moves 154lbs/min. The ET-R moves 171lbs/min, or more then a larger 100mm conventional compressor wheel and a fraction of the weight :Cheer:. Which means the unit will spool ALOT faster.
How many more lbs/min would the biggest ETR wheel on a GT55 move than my current s491? How about in comparison to a 96mm cast HC5A?

I'm also curious how the turbine on a GT55 is improved over a typical HC5A Holset that CDS would produce? Why is it better other than it looks better?

How many more lbs/min would the biggest ETR wheel on a GT55 move than my current s491? How about in comparison to a 96mm cast HC5A?

I'm also curious how the turbine on a GT55 is improved over a typical HC5A Holset that CDS would produce? Why is it better other than it looks better?

A 91 flows 154lbs/min. The ET-R 91 flows 170lbs/min. A 96mm cast HC5A wheel was at best 150-155 as the older HC5A/HX82 were never high HP wheels....but they worked and that is what mattered. For the app they were used for they were primo wheels. As for the turbine on the GT55, its much more improved on the aerodynamics, but you still can not beat the shear size of the HC5A/HX82 turbine wheels. But, if you are running a turbo that size I would suggest the GT thumper series from Garrett. Equal size turbine wheel as the HC5A, but around 7-10lbs/min more of turbine flow. The G-trim turbine flows dang near 100lbs/min on the exhaust side. That is massive flow :bang

How does the S510 compare to the TV94? You can get a tighter turbine A/R on the TV94, than the S510. Both have similar sized compressor inducers.

S510/S500 = GT55

The TV94 has no equal from BW at this time. Their only turbo that matched it was the S130 and the S600 which never was completed. The S600 would have been a beast!!

The GT's use a 130mm inducer turbine....the S510 is only 111, like the GT55.

Just a question...can you do anything with an old T18A Air research?? Might need something bigger than the 3.6" wheel that's in it now:D

Chris

Just a question...can you do anything with an old T18A Air research?? Might need something bigger than the 3.6" wheel that's in it now:D

Chris

Chris...yes The T18A was the 1st version of the TV94's. So most of the wheels can be made to work. The bearing package is different and not near as durable and also some of the early wheels were flat backs, and not stepped. But we can CNC the wheels down to work in them if needed.

A 91 flows 154lbs/min. The ET-R 91 flows 170lbs/min. A 96mm cast HC5A wheel was at best 150-155 as the older HC5A/HX82 were never high HP wheels....but they worked and that is what mattered. For the app they were used for they were primo wheels. As for the turbine on the GT55, its much more improved on the aerodynamics, but you still can not beat the shear size of the HC5A/HX82 turbine wheels. But, if you are running a turbo that size I would suggest the GT thumper series from Garrett. Equal size turbine wheel as the HC5A, but around 7-10lbs/min more of turbine flow. The G-trim turbine flows dang near 100lbs/min on the exhaust side. That is massive flow :bang
That's some very useful knowledge. The reason I ask about the HC5A is because I bent the shaft in mine and substituted the s491 mid-season. I noticed the power seemed to drop a decent bit (.4s in the 1/8mi) even though the compressor side was close to identical. How do you prevent the shafts in these large turbos from bending when they surge?

Wow lots of good info in here. DrTurbo can you get individual compressor covers for gt4294's. I have the part number I need but haven't been able to locate a dealer that has one.

Wow lots of good info in here. DrTurbo can you get individual compressor covers for gt4294's. I have the part number I need but haven't been able to locate a dealer that has one.

I think I have one...or maybe it's for a 4202. I know I have one for a 67mm wheel if you can't find anything else, it could be machined!

I'll look at what I have for sure!
Chris

Back