Maryland Pull

Cobra#3747 said:
Cant be that hard to figure out what a stock turbo looks like. You have the year and make of the truck, you will have at least one other truck that should be around the same year, if the turbo dosnt look like the other, somthing is wrong. As for the older trucks...Make the old truck class or go buy a new one :D

8000 is the weight class

No blockes or travel limiters
traction bars are allowed

Could you tell the difference between a stock PSD turbo and a GTP38r? How about a stocker thats been extrude honed and machined to take a 66mm wheel?

It's not as easy as it sounds.

Cobra#3747 said:
I think the problem with allowing larger turbos is now we get into spending more money for a "Stock" class. If I wanted to spend more money, I would and move up to the mod class.

How great was the last pull at the buck when Will with a HX35 wins the stock class and beats me by 4"?

The stock class is very competitive and good for the people that dont want or cant spend a ton of money and still have a chance to win. With allowing bigger turbos, even with bushings, reality is the larger turbo will still do better than a stock turbo, if it didnt, why would people upgrade it?

The Buck usually runs 2-3 classes. stock, mod and one other, I cant recall what they call it and their website is down right now.

the 3rd class is a super street class and they run the old dhra super street rules, theres only a few of us that run that class anyways. A 2.6 and 2.8 class would be easier to tech because then your just sticking a plug in the charger. the guys at the buck are new to trucks and dont know the difference between factory chargers, they just know a dodge has a holset and a ford has a garrett and they probably dont know what comes on the dmax's. Nobody around this area would take a ton of money and build a 2.6 charger pulling truck, those the stock guys could still hang

Cobra#3747 said:
How great was the last pull at the buck when Will with a HX35 wins the stock class and beats me by 4"?

Yea I like it when everybody is separated by inches, it makes for better competition and keeps everyone on their toes. On Sat I was 2ft behind 4th place, Travis Baily, and 4ft in front of TJ's 6th place finish.

A 2.5 inducer class would be good. It would keep the trucks closer together as far as hp goes. EFI live d-max's are putting out damn near 500hp on programmer alone, I've got more done than a programmer and with 440hp I'm to the limit with a stock turbo.

oldschoolPSD said:
Could you tell the difference between a stock PSD turbo and a GTP38r? How about a stocker thats been extrude honed and machined to take a 66mm wheel?

It's not as easy as it sounds.

Give them a book of pictures then...Dosnt take the head cashier at wall mart to match pictures.

Extrude honed turbos, there will always be someone that wants to cheat and will get away with something.

behrdzl said:
Yea I like it when everybody is separated by inches, it makes for better competition and keeps everyone on their toes. On Sat I was 2ft behind 4th place, Travis Baily, and 4ft in front of TJ's 6th place finish.

A 2.5 inducer class would be good. It would keep the trucks closer together as far as hp goes. EFI live d-max's are putting out damn near 500hp on programmer alone, I've got more done than a programmer and with 440hp I'm to the limit with a stock turbo.

Obviously it dosnt take 500hp to win then does it? :Cheer:

I will add that a 2.5 stock class wouldnt be total hate, still wouldnt allow bushings though.

Last edited:
pullinprincess said:
bigdog33 said:
C-Hawk for president.

Oh, and to Rampage, Some of us little guys DO care about the stock class.

agreeed! :thankyou2: some of us aren't all about winning. It's just for fun

if i didnt have fun doing it and cared just about winning i wouldnt have went 3hrs to md in april and pulled with a sled the size of a VW and an 18ft. chain. Most guys with a truck setup like mine would have said "screw this" and went home, but i ran it and figured the least it would do is put on a show and the result was a leaky head and a blown freeze plug. I just dont like to see someone talking crap when the other 2 classes only have 1 or 2 md trucks in them.

RAMpage said:
pullinprincess said:
if i didnt have fun doing it and cared just about winning i wouldnt have went 3hrs to md in april and pulled with a sled the size of a VW and an 18ft. chain. Most guys with a truck setup like mine would have said "screw this" and went home, but i ran it and figured the least it would do is put on a show and the result was a leaky head and a blown freeze plug. I just dont like to see someone talking crap when the other 2 classes only have 1 or 2 md trucks in them.

Ok some people are just so competitive about it, I was simply stating I do it for fun, I don't need to go 300 ft every time to boost my ego and make up for what's lacking down below. I'm happy to pull and still be able to drive my truck home.

pullinprincess said:
RAMpage said:
Ok some people are just so competitive about it, I was simply stating I do it for fun, I don't need to go 300 ft every time to boost my ego and make up for what's lacking down below. I'm happy to pull and still be able to drive my truck home.
and your pretty hot to:rockwoot:

pullinprincess said:
RAMpage said:

Well i think the kind of people your describing are found more in the stock classes. Us guys in the super street or mod classes are all pretty good freinds and help each other out as much as we can.

Back