Maryland Pull

:pop:

This stuff is funny, kinda...

I don't see what there is to complain about. Did the red truck meet the rules of the class it pulled in? If so, then there is nothing left to do but shake the guys hand and tell him he made a nice pull.

No one probably cares what i think, but here's my .02 anyway.

Diesel truck pulls are pretty new in MD, at least they are on the shore. All the local guys are pretty much working on their first pulling season here. The best thing we could do in my opinion is not whine like girls if we lose, but thank the guys that made the drive to pull with us, even if they did beat us this time around. Ask them to come back again and bring their friends next time. Everyone that has this US vs THEM mindset is being too short sighted. Think about it... More trucks and bigger trucks will mean bigger and better pulls, which means it will be a better show, which means more people will give a damn, which means sponsors might show up, which means it will eventually have bigger payouts etc. Grow the sport. Learn from the guys that have more experience and from the trucks that pull better then yours.

I'm hoping to have my truck together and pulling next year. Guarantee you won't hear me complaining or making excuses when i lose, and you won't catch me gloating if i happen to win either. I'm in this stuff to have fun, not to have something else in life to get worked up about. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy :poke: at people when it's in good fun, but too many people are too serious around here, seem bitter about stuff. Kinda ruins it for me...

If you only want to compete against locals, then set up a pull but don't tell anyone about it.

Or maybe have a local class and exclude any trucks that show up sporting out of state tags being pulled by a Pete. Also, make sure there are age limits and have everyone bring a copy of their tax returns to confirm that all competitors have equal disposable income to work with. :badidea:

After all, this thread is on COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM , not LIMITEDcompetitiondiesel.

This post isn't directed at anybody specific, just my thoughts...

Later,

Chris

Last edited:
c-hawk said:

I don't see what there is to complain about. Did the red truck meet the rules of the class it pulled in? If so, then there is nothing left to do but shake the guys hand and tell him he made a nice pull.

Diesel truck pulls are pretty new in MD, at least they are on the shore. All the local guys are pretty much working on their first pulling season here. The best thing we could do in my opinion is not whine like girls if we lose, but thank the guys that made the drive to pull with us, even if they did beat us this time around. Ask them to come back again and bring their friends next time. Everyone that has this US vs THEM mindset is being too short sighted. Think about it... More trucks and bigger trucks will mean bigger and better pulls, which means it will be a better show, which means more people will give a damn, which means sponsors might show up, which means it will eventually have bigger payouts etc. Grow the sport. Learn from the guys that have more experience and from the trucks that pull better then yours.

I'm hoping to have my truck together and pulling next year. Guarantee you won't hear me complaining or making excuses when i lose, and you won't catch me gloating if i happen to win either. I'm in this stuff to have fun, not to have something else in life to get worked up about. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy :poke: at people when it's in good fun, but too many people are too serious around here, seem bitter about stuff. Kinda ruins it for me...

If you only want to compete against locals, then set up a pull but don't tell anyone about it.

Or maybe have a local class and exclude any trucks that show up sporting out of state tags being pulled by a Pete. Also, make sure there are age limits and have everyone bring a copy of their tax returns to confirm that all competitors have equal disposable income to work with. :badidea:

After all, this thread is on COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM , not LIMITEDcompetitiondiesel.

Later,

Chris
Well put.Im sorry if I sounded like such an ass.But we all kinda got ticked off the way people acted toward us.And you are right we should have out pulled the true street trucks,and I might add by a greater distance.And just so you know Joe has a pickup to tow with,is 22 years old,and lies on his taxes so he would still meat the rules.LOL. All kidding aside,we enjoyed the pull and look forward to pulling with you guys again,with a better mind set.We still have som more good running street trucks to bring down next time.

undercover said:
Well put.Im sorry if I sounded like such an ass.But we all kinda got ticked off the way people acted toward us.And you are right we should have out pulled the true street trucks,and I might add by a greater distance.And just so you know Joe has a pickup to tow with,is 22 years old,and lies on his taxes so he would still meat the rules.LOL. All kidding aside,we enjoyed the pull and look forward to pulling with you guys again,with a better mind set.We still have som more good running street trucks to bring down next time.

Most times people get what they give, so if someone told you that you were gonna drive down here to get your a's handed to you, i don't really blame you for putting it back in our faces after a win. lol.

Glad to hear you all plan on coming back. Bring more trucks with you when you come, and hopefully everyone can be there to have a good time next go round. Friendly competition is way more fun...

Later,

Chris

undercover said:
Ya i was talking to joe. He said well see you boys at the buck next season

I love the Buck because the payouts are nice, and they pack the stands with a few thousand people everytime, but I think I might just show up to watch next year because the dumbsh*ts running the tech, and making the rules don't know their arse from a hole in the ground.

Left a bad taste in my mouth this year when they changed the rules at every pull because they didnt know what they were talking about.

I wish i would have taken the time to talk to Joe and the guys at the pull saturday, I was curious about a few things on that truck. I really need to find some weights tho, and bring my other tires to the pull...having 1100lbs to get me up to the limit and maybe running some mud terrains would have netted me a slightly better pull, but oh well. Only thing that matters to me is that I didn't break anything, and was able to hook up to my trailer and pull it home instead of having to be towed home by one of my buddies.

getblown5.9 said:
I love the Buck because the payouts are nice, and they pack the stands with a few thousand people everytime, but I think I might just show up to watch next year because the dumbsh*ts running the tech, and making the rules don't know their arse from a hole in the ground.

Left a bad taste in my mouth this year when they changed the rules at every pull because they didnt know what they were talking about.

I wish i would have taken the time to talk to Joe and the guys at the pull saturday, I was curious about a few things on that truck. I really need to find some weights tho, and bring my other tires to the pull...having 1100lbs to get me up to the limit and maybe running some mud terrains would have netted me a slightly better pull, but oh well. Only thing that matters to me is that I didn't break anything, and was able to hook up to my trailer and pull it home instead of having to be towed home by one of my buddies.
I havent heard to many good things about the buck. I just heard the track is awsome. I know joes truck will shine on a power track so well be looking forward to seeing you guys next seaso. If there is any other hooks let us know well be more than happy to attend

c-hawk said:

Later,

Chris

As always Chris, very well put!

I'd just like to give credit to the guys at Tuckahoe -Bobby, John, and David- for putting on nice and well organized pull. They worked hard this year getting the ball rolling with these truck pulls and trying to make them bigger and better. :thankyou2: We need trucks to come from all over especially Pa. cause I'd hate to see participation drop and then there would be no more events.:doh:

So I hope ya'll Pa. boys come back next year and bring more with ya!!

We will be back to Md,But as far as the buck goes-----If I seen that place on fire I wouldnt stop to pee on it to put the fire out.The Buck is most likely the cause of my salty attatude as soon as somebody says something off kelter to me.Ive been pulling diesels for along time and I also pull 650 inch alky trucks and those are some of the rudest people Ive come across.I actualy do pull on a pro level and the buck just doesnt understand that people have to work for a liveing.To many times Ive seen them tell people they cant pull because they have been late (less than 15 min.).Even on a pro level most guys still have a real job.I have spent time going to the buck 5 differant times and they would not let me pull and they just change rules on the spot to make sure I cant.If someone thinks my truck is to much for the classes that are available I have no problem makeing an exabition hook,But for gods sake let me pull,if not for me at least do it for your spectators.Alot of people dont get to see this class of trucks localy.But I can assure you we will be back to Md with some very strong trucks.All you guys are welcome at any of our pulls and we have alot of them that has rules you can all fit in comfortably (its my trucks they throw out LOL).If you guys want to come up give one of us a PM around spring time.For now I guess its time to go south and pull indoors.

getblown5.9 said:

I dont know were you placed but 1100 lbs and tires would have moved you way up the list.There is alot of small tricks you can do to step your truck up that are pretty easy to do on a dodge.

I think I got 5th, but I dont have access to tractor weights, and trying to buy them is going to be a small fortune over the winter seeing as i need at least 1,000lbs to get up to at least 8200. I usually have 35" mud terrain tires on the truck but after breaking some driveline parts on hard packed HP tracks I dropped to the 33" BFG AT's. Next year I will be taking the time to throw both sets in the truck for a pull, that way I can make a decision after seeing the track.

Im where I wanna be power wise, just need 2-300 more rpms, lockers, and weight to be more consistent. This is my first year pulling and my worst finish was 10th place down in Ky at the TS outlaw pull with my daily driven VP44 truck in a superstreet 2.8 class...I was surprised to finish as high as 10th out of the 22 trucks in the class.

nice post

c-hawk said:

Later,

Chris

Good post Chris

undercover said:
10th out of 22 @ TS is very respectful.

thanks, 10th is still the 9th loser, but considering the tough trucks i had to run against down there i was very pleased with the outcome, and the entire event was a blast anyway!

i would come up to pa to pull more often but i dont have the shutoffs i need yet, and i only have my truck and a cherokee, i dont have a rig to tow mine up there, and i dont like coming without the trailer and a way to get home if i break. if the overtime gods smile on me this winter, maybe ill be able to get all the stuff finished on the truck and trade that cherokee in for a worthy towrig so i can travel a little more for some pulls.

C-Hawk for president.

Oh, and to Rampage, Some of us little guys DO care about the stock class.
Yes, I won the points at The Buck this year.
Because,
1st gets paid,
And 1st gets laid!

And finally, all Dodge guys are fancy boys!

bigdog33 said:
C-Hawk for president.

Oh, and to Rampage, Some of us little guys DO care about the stock class.
Yes, I won the points at The Buck this year.
Because,
1st gets paid,
And 1st gets laid!

And finally, all Dodge guys are fancy boys!

all it takes is a bushing to get me down to 2.5" and ill gladly come run in the stock class with you! j/k pat...

and if 1st gets paid and first gets laid...then how come you have only won once this year with a whole lot of 2nd places :kick:

haha just messing dude, season is over, time for some of the western shore boys to get together and go out drinking!

Thanks for ruining my moment TJ.
I don't know much, but I THINK,
It's half in the setup of your truck.
Half in the track.
And 10% power.
Some of you may come up with 110%.
Thats the effort I'm puttin' forth next year biatches!
I'm goin to get some, get some!

Last edited:
bigdog33 said:
Thanks for ruining my moment TJ.
I don't know much, but I THINK,
It's half in the setup of your truck.
Half in the track.
And 10% power.
Some of you may come up with 110%.
Thats the effort I'm puttin' forth next year biatches!
I'm goin to get some, get some!

planning on buying a dodge, or at least dropping a cummins into the work truck i see...:hehe:

Thanks behrdzl. We have done our best to get this thing started here. There has been a bunch of work, and time sacrificed to make a pull at Tuckahoe happen. Everything from getting a sled certified to rules to track prep and upkeep is all volunteer. NO PAY WHATSOEVER. Pulling in the Easternshore of Maryland in my opinion is 25 years behind Virginia, PA and other neighboring areas. Lets face it, once Laurel, DE stopped pulling, pulling in general on the shore ceased. Antique and classic tractor re-emerged about 16 years ago if oi remember right. Truck pulls have just re-entered the area in the past 5 years.

You won at The Buck.
I beat you at Centerville.
Therefore, I should win in the mod class at The Buck.
Hence, no Cummins needed.

But I digress, please commence with the bickering once again.
This "stock classer" will be taking notes all offseason. With hopes that I may one day rise to the almighty status of....."MOD CLASSER".

Gentlemen continue.

Back