Maryland Pull

Well he must have called someone besides me. I spoke with them the night before the pull, then the morning of. (I never got the gentleman's name but it was a dodge from Pa) It doesn't matter who or what wins in my opinion. We were just happy to see some different trucks come and run. Every part of the country has their strong classes. The people who run that pull are tractor pullers who happen to run a couple gas trucks for a little cheap entertainment.

RAMpage said:
cant he grab another gear with it? or will it snuff the charger. sounds like if he grabs another gear he'll grab another 10-15ft
Yea-thats why I said he had a bad hook.We had a electrical glitch and it didnt let it go into overdrive.It will take overdrive and not snuff the charger,just a mishap on our part.

Yes, Carson has the white crewcab/longbed PowerStroke. It's been known to upset a few Dodges. There's also a shortbed version with a Cummins conversion that dosen't pull too bad, runs in the ProStreet classes and is operated by a husband and wife team.

I would have loved to make the trip down to see this Mason-Dixon battle.. but already had weekend plans set. I'm glad to see that we can all get along just like it's still the 1800s, ..classic rebels & yankees.. LoL

Anyway, thanks to the folks down there for setting this up and culminating the 2007 season. I thought that the McConnelsburg pull would be the finale for the year, No complaints here.. Just have to pile on the CarHartts.

Good work "undercover"! I've seen that truck make a few hooks this season; Bloom (made the pulloff), Scheids, Meshoppen and Honesdale. Honesdale was the first i recall seeing the truck and knew then it wasn't a force to be reckoned with, of course it's that auto trans that really gets me excited. Maybe next year, some of our friends from south of the border will join a major pulling league like U-S-A EAST and wear the stickers for the contigency payouts..

Now, ..I'm trying to put 2 and 2 together here.. I remember a red 3rd gen from last season (2006) that may have been your truck. Just a basic automatic Common Rail truck, had tires and 6" exhaust (discharging at the traditional location). Smoked a little and ran half decent.. Was that you by chance??.. of course, this year stepping up to a more competitive level with some more pulling enhancments:aiwebs_004:

That truck does not belong to undercover.It belongs to someone else.It was done in early to middle summer.I can guarantee that for you

hey guys i know joe personally that was his red dodge last year. I know for a fact mass diesel made that truck rip. I heard you guys did put on a good pull so i hope next year it'll happen again.Maybe next year ill even have my truck out there.

nick17847,Yes that was Joe last year.But I only have set the truck up to pull.I do not own it or drive it.Mass Diesel is incharge of the engine building and has done an outstanding job.Setting the truck up to pull will be of no use if you do not have the horsepower to move it.I have been working with Joe since about mid summer to get the horsepower to the ground.

ya undercover wait until you see my 87 toyota with a 12valve put a beatin on that 3rd gen:eek:wned:

Overfueled said:
ya undercover wait until you see my 87 toyota with a 12valve put a beatin on that 3rd gen:eek:wned:
Go ahead ----bring out your squirrel whenever your ready

That fella Carson has a real strong runing 7.3... before I had only seen it in fuzzy cell phone videos. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Maybe if those maryland boys spent as much time working on their trucks as they did talkin smack on the internet they'd pull better

Can't disagree there:eek:wned: :hehe:

yea thats why every time, the md boys come to the buck, its all md boys at the top,:eek:wned: bc most of you yankees care more about how many leds lights, you can put on ur trucks, ( hell the parts store prob cant keep them on there shelfs. And you can forget them ugly ass curved stacks. n if you spent have the time that you spent hooking up lights and air horns on the performance of the truck you just mite be able to win a street class.:hehe:

Just bc you came down here and won a street mod class with a pro pulling truck. i mean all them trucks were daily drivers, come on. you should of been able to take that sled out of the park

:pop: :pop:

scott 06 said:
bc most of you yankees care more about how many leds lights, you can put on ur trucks, ( hell the parts store prob cant keep them on there shelfs. And you can forget them ugly ass curved stacks. n if you spent have the time that you spent hooking up lights and air horns on the performance of the truck you just mite be able to win a street class.:hehe:

Take a picture ladies and gentlemen, for once I actually agree with scott:hehe:

nah for real though 8" bull haulers look right at home on a pickup:umno:

:pop: :pop: :pop:

scott 06 said:
yea thats why every time, the md boys come to the buck, its all md boys at the top,:eek:wned: bc most of you yankees care more about how many leds lights, you can put on ur trucks, ( hell the parts store prob cant keep them on there shelfs. And you can forget them ugly ass curved stacks. n if you spent have the time that you spent hooking up lights and air horns on the performance of the truck you just mite be able to win a street class.:hehe:

Just bc you came down here and won a street mod class with a pro pulling truck. i mean all them trucks were daily drivers, come on. you should of been able to take that sled out of the park

im not here to argue with anyone but i think a md truck won the street mod class at the buck once last year and no md trucks even run the super street class there. and if your referring to winning the stock class noone really cares about that class. and that red 3rd gen isnt a pro pulling truck its a street class truck. ladell weavers truck makes the same rules as that one and i dont see anyone from md beating him at the buck or anywhere else he pulls for that matter

Honestly for everybody, who gives a damn most people down this way that pull are in the range of 16-25 years old and are just starting to pull, this is the first real year we've had diesel sled pulls around enough to make it a sport. So everyone stop acting like a pro puller and learn from your mistakes, and let your truck speak for it's self.

scott 06 said:

boy scott you talk alot of smack for never pulling against anything worth talking about. I bet you that undercover's truck could show you how its done. I dont believe i saw any led's on the red truck or stupid huge stacks for that matter. but i guess thats why he won.:kick:

dzlfarmboy said:
Honestly for everybody, who gives a damn most people down this way that pull are in the range of 16-25 years old and are just starting to pull, this is the first real year we've had diesel sled pulls around enough to make it a sport. So everyone stop acting like a pro puller and learn from your mistakes, and let your truck speak for it's self.
how old do you think joe is? I know he doesn't think he's a pro puller. He just had a very good mentor and an excelent shop working with him. But i guess his truck was speaking for itself hahaha.

Well for one the funny thing is that is Joes age range.He made a choice for no looks just to make sure it works.The truck is not even running where it should be it needs to come back in for some damage from before houston.We suggested for it not to go but he said he wanted one more pull and was willing to deal with it.It is also setup for the street class .It is as legal as it comes for the class and is still registered as I drove it on the street here for a few days it is a very well put together truck no bs and has a experienced bunch of pullers helping him.Also you wont find a more determined two guys then Joe and his buddy Mike.

Ok so it really boils down to if you have or know someone with pullin experience, and how much money you spend on your truck wisely. And if it's not your truck dont come on here babling about it.

dzlfarmboy said:
Ok so it really boils down to if you have or know someone with pullin experience, and how much money you spend on your truck wisely. And if it's not your truck dont come on here babling about it.
You know what?I have (along with Mass Diesel)put more time and effort in Joes truck than most people spend driveing there own truck.Do I have alot of nohow on pulling----yes.But what is the differance than one of these guys going to your shop or anyone's shop for that matter and paying for that help?I have all the right in the world to talk about that truck----as far as me haveing a truck,hell my truck would consitantly put 60 + feet on Joes truck and I do not have a huge wallet to work with.I asume overfueled knows Joe well and will asure you of the thought and labor Ive put into that truck to be able to talk about it.I treat that truck and everybody elses truck I work on like its my own,and it turn that alows me to defend it on my own.The big differance Im one of the few guys who will actualy tell everything I can to help you win,even if means beating my own tucks.

And to make sure its clear,I am not a shop and Joe has not recieved any bills for the work I have done.Judging by the way the trucks run in Maryland maybe I should open a shop.

Back