Maryland Pull

Regardless, pulling is just not as big yet. These guys down here have learned alot in a little time. Even since there is virtually NO DIESEL SHOPS ON THE SHORE WHO ARE WILLING TO HELP A PULLER WITH A FUEL SYSTEM. AS for the Dodge, I was there when it was teched, there was nothing on the truck that did not pass. That truck, Carson's truck, and the other Powewrstroke are what we intended in that class. I have to admit there needs to be a different division between stock, hot stock, and what i would call pro-street, but we are still learning. WE ARE JSUT A BUNCH OF PULLERS TRYING TO GROW THE SPORT IN OUR AREA.
........and BTW undercover I want to know who told them that they drove a long way to be beat, because I personally spoke with someone with that truck the night before the pull and the morning of......>AND BELIEVE ME THOSE WORDS DID NOT COME FROM ME!! PM ME AND ENLIGHTEN ME IF YOU WILL

Just a suggestion, but I think part of the problem is a difference in classes than other "Local" pulls. The Buck, is really the biggest deal around for the MD guys, that I am aware of. If anything I would try and match the classes, although they may change the rules on the spot, they are posted and could be the guide line.

That way there is no suprises of what type of truck or class you will end up in. Really isnt fun for a guy with exhaust, programmer, lift pump and stock turbo to go against a truck with larger turbo and such.

getblown5.9 said:
thanks, 10th is still the 9th loser, but considering the tough trucks i had to run against down there i was very pleased with the outcome, and the entire event was a blast anyway!

i would come up to pa to pull more often but i dont have the shutoffs i need yet, and i only have my truck and a cherokee, i dont have a rig to tow mine up there, and i dont like coming without the trailer and a way to get home if i break. if the overtime gods smile on me this winter, maybe ill be able to get all the stuff finished on the truck and trade that cherokee in for a worthy towrig so i can travel a little more for some pulls.
If you break,you will have use of my shop and/or parts or a trailer ride home.

undercover said:
If you break,you will have use of my shop and/or parts or a trailer ride home.

Thank you, that always helps ease the mind a bit, but I'm not sure this MD truck would wanna come in our shop...it might come out running halfway decent LOL.

Cobra#3747 said:
Just a suggestion, but I think part of the problem is a difference in classes than other "Local" pulls. The Buck, is really the biggest deal around for the MD guys, that I am aware of. If anything I would try and match the classes, although they may change the rules on the spot, they are posted and could be the guide line.

That way there is no suprises of what type of truck or class you will end up in. Really isnt fun for a guy with exhaust, programmer, lift pump and stock turbo to go against a truck with larger turbo and such.

What do they do different in the stock class at the Buck?

I think an inducer size rule would be better, because it's very hard for the techs to decide whats "stock". It would also help the older trucks keep up, because our stock turbos are a bit on the smaller side.

Just throwing it out there...

getblown5.9 said:
Thank you, that always helps ease the mind a bit, but I'm not sure this MD truck would wanna come in our shop...it might come out running halfway decent LOL.
u take your truck to undercover's shop and mass diesel it'll be running better than half decent i can assure that

Yeah see that the issue with a stock turbo rule... very hard to enforce.

It also makes it tough on the older trucks, having to run an H1C (for example) while the newer trucks are running HX35's and whatnot.

But the stock class rules are basically the same then? What is their weight?

Last edited:
Cant be that hard to figure out what a stock turbo looks like. You have the year and make of the truck, you will have at least one other truck that should be around the same year, if the turbo dosnt look like the other, somthing is wrong. As for the older trucks...Make the old truck class or go buy a new one :D

8000 is the weight class

No blockes or travel limiters
traction bars are allowed

Overfueled said:
u take your truck to undercover's shop and mass diesel it'll be running better than half decent i can assure that

i've done alright without spending a dime on labor and its gonna stay that way. when i win i love when people ask me who built my truck, and i just grin and say "me"

that means i get beat by shop built trucks every now and then, so be it, id rather do the work myself and learn a thing or two.

Cobra#3747 said:

x2 that would make it so much easier. we need to have one set of rules for the area.

And yea ill be the first one to admit im no pro puller by any means, but in the year ive learned more then i ever thought i would, there are alot of good guys in this sport that will share their lil tricks. I guess every sport has there **sholes.

they need to have a size limit, not a "stock turbo rule"

you can take any of the big 3 and make a hybrid turbo out of the stocker thats gonna push more cool air and make more power and still "look stock" outside, so setting a size limits lets anyone and everyone upgrade their turbo to whatever the size limit is.

example a stock HX35 can support roughly 425hp on most dodges before its in the danger zone of "kaboom" from overspeeding or too much heat. you can put a better designed slightly larger compressor in them, then change out the exhaust housing and wheel to a more efficient set-up and nobody can tell the difference from the outside and now you are able to push close to 500hp on a "stock" turbo.

the buck should run a 2.6 no bushing class to take over for the stock class and a 2.8 bushing allowed class. the thing is they have to be smart enough to have a plug and actually check the turbos

The D-maxes, think they are like 2.5! My buddy put down 497hp/1013tq with just a tune from EFI LIVE! Well with a tranny that we built and a fuel system and stock everything else.

Last edited:
I think the problem with allowing larger turbos is now we get into spending more money for a "Stock" class. If I wanted to spend more money, I would and move up to the mod class.

How great was the last pull at the buck when Will with a HX35 wins the stock class and beats me by 4"?

The stock class is very competitive and good for the people that dont want or cant spend a ton of money and still have a chance to win. With allowing bigger turbos, even with bushings, reality is the larger turbo will still do better than a stock turbo, if it didnt, why would people upgrade it?

The Buck usually runs 2-3 classes. stock, mod and one other, I cant recall what they call it and their website is down right now.

Back