Critique my first hook of the season... Need some advice.

There was a discussion at the pull about stock turbo, bars, blocks. The tech inspector looked at the printed rules. The only specified rules - license, registration, insurance.

Matt were you at the pull, if so you should have looked me up.

It appears that there was a lot of confusion at the pull.

There was a written set of rules for the trucks on a poster board right by the sign up.
In the stock class it said stock turbo... that was the rule that caught my eye, cause I thought about getting a second hook in(which would have saved me a lot of trouble this weekend), but when it said that I knew my truck didn't fit the rules.

I guess we can continue to stoop to levels and say "well everybody else doesn't follow the rules so why should I?"

I think the point that needs to be made regarding the rules is this....

Everybody fit ONE form of the rules or another.

Some guys fit the rules that were on the flyer...

Some guys fit the rules that were on the poster at the event...

Some guys fit the rules that were printed in the news paper...

Everybody fit the rules in one way or another, so screw it.

Sure... Theres always that... "Spirit of the rules" thing... But some guys don't care about that.

I don't think anybody actually cheated... But I'd say some people took advantage of the situation.

Anyway.... As far as meeting up with people.... I wish some of you guys would introduce yourself to me at these things! I got no damn clue who I'm actually talkin' too!

I don't think I've even met Matt in person.

Me... I'm not hard to find. Fat guy with the Grey Dodge. Usually running around with Leonard or Brad at the pulls cause they are the only guys I actually know.

I think the point that needs to be made regarding the rules is this....

Everybody fit ONE form of the rules or another.

Some guys fit the rules that were on the flyer...

Some guys fit the rules that were on the poster at the event...

Some guys fit the rules that were printed in the news paper...

Everybody fit the rules in one way or another, so screw it.

Sure... Theres always that... "Spirit of the rules" thing... But some guys don't care about that.

I don't think anybody actually cheated... But I'd say some people took advantage of the situation.

Anyway.... As far as meeting up with people.... I wish some of you guys would introduce yourself to me at these things! I got no damn clue who I'm actually talkin' too!

I don't think I've even met Matt in person.

Me... I'm not hard to find. Fat guy with the Grey Dodge. Usually running around with Leonard or Brad at the pulls cause they are the only guys I actually know.

Yea that makes since, I can see some folks point, if they saw a flyer and it said one thing, and then show up at the pull and realize your not going to fit in the rules.

My response was directed more at the folks that say "well everyone else is doing it"

Something that really helped me out last year was moving the tq setting on the Smarty down to 1 to limit the amount of low end fueling it puts out. It really helped lit the S400 I was running last year. Even with twins this year I still run it on 1. Also with those little tires 3.73's are fine. Even with 35's I have no problem with the gears. 4.10's might help but wheel speed is the name of the game most time as long as you can get it spooled and going and have the hp to do it.

Rail pressure was 25-26K According to the DiPricol Rail Pressure Gauge, I'm gonna take my Snap On Scanner Thursday and try to actually log what the RP does throughout the entire run just to verify.

I dunno how well that works I tried to do it with mine and it would show a max of 20k I believe the smarty tricks the ecm not to read anymore than that

Well..

I got the BD Overdrive Lockout ordered today.

As well as an Isspro 100 PSI Turbine Drive Pressure Gauge.

Still need to find my adjustable boost elbow for the wastegate...

I'll be at Eldon Thursday hopefully with these new items installed. I'll be sitting in my truck running the A/C though... This fat boy can't handle this 110 degree heat bull****.

Well this evenings pull was a bust as well...

Busted the Front Driveshaft before even getting the sled moving.

Yippee...

I got video of everybody in the class I think. Post up if you want a particular video.

You idiot. Did you read any of the thread at all? Or even a few posts right before you where he said he didn't pull!:doh:

Yeah... But He was talking about the Tipton pull when he said that he didn't pull.

He said he was gonna be at Eldon for this one though....

Mind sharing the vid of mine if you got it?

I'm trying to compare smoke on spool up with the pull at Tipton, I tried to pull a bunch of bottom end fuel out and my video doesn't show the smoke real well.

yes ill get it up as soon as i can, im callin ppl about sellin my tranny, and i gotta burn the video on dvd then go to the library cause our comp dont read dvd and the video camera dont hook to the comp

Back