6.7 12V Again.

SPEAKSUP

I know it's been on here a couple of time's , but no one has really posted up what all has to be done.

Tony just got the truck back from paint. Wanting to do 6.7 12V he already has rods. He was going to build up a 5.9 12V but he has since changed his mind.

So obviously front cover gears. Now what about Pistons, Injectors, will regular 12V lines fit?

What all has to be done to the head to for the 6.7 block to accept it? Who out there will do this machine work?

Head Gasket? Do you need a custom one? Basically break down the part's list for me.

Plan is big power fun truck . Has twins 13mm PPump and etc.

i have asked about a billion times and really want to do it. pm weston on the pistons, he has a good 6.7 12v design

I understand it will take new pistons and front gear cover, rod bolts, girdle, anything else. If i were to do this i could reuse my rods head, studs correct. Im assuming you can use the 6.7 crank with the 12v rods. Any clearance issues of any kinda say rod to block. Will the stock lines or aftermarket lines work/fit just fine? Should a person plug the steam holes in block? Could a person use the 6.7 pistons with high timing and the right spray pattern? And will oil cooler and other 12v accessories fit the block?

there has been a ton of discussion on this.. your just not looking hard enough....

There was even pics of a 6.7 12v in an agco trctor.... a cummins built motor

Just use the 24V head and injectors with Monster pump mikes cross over tubes and p-pump conversion lines. The stock 6.7 pistons work well with the p-pump and 24V head.

Right still doesn't tell me what has to be done to the head I know it isn't a direct bolt on. Also what machine shop has the know how . Preferably someone's who's done a head for a conversion before. About to tell him just to call Haisley see what they are doing .

If using a CR 24v head the stock intake needs notched and plated, I've done a few.
The block needs a tab removed to allow the p7100 to clear.
The front of the block needs drilled and tapped to fit 12v gears and gear case.
It takes a custom oil pan.
Use 24v-vp44 injectors, 6.7 connector tubes and buy a set of straight lines for a 12v p-pump app, bend them to fit.
Use a vp-44 valve cover, it's a direct bolt on.
Send me the parts and I'll assemble it!

If you buy the front cover and housing from Keating, the stock oil pan fits and the p7100 clears the head. I don't remember any tab being machined off for the p-pump, but you do need to drill and tap an oil supply hole. I used a 6.7 head, but was told a 24v head would fit but needed a couple holes drilled to match the steam vent holes in the block. If you put a thicker girdle on it, you may have to dimple the pan to clear it.

Last edited:
Yes guy's looking for info to make the 12V head work for a 6.7 I know gears and all that stuff going to need pistons. But looking for info for the Head to make it work.

Back